ad: Radclub22-1

Xiegu X108G Portable 20 Watt HF Transceiver Review On-Air Test

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KJ4YZI, Aug 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a heater switch for a '53 Ford and it was made in Japan. Ha

AH7I likes this.
  2. WJ2L

WJ2L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

good review i agree.

3. LB4FH

LB4FH Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll have a look, thanks for the hint :)

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

All those complaining about Chinese competition are likely using Japanese/Korean vehicles, electronics, appliances etc and are either too young or now into their senility years, to remember the Asian Invasion of the 60-80's that killed scores of businesses, seriously reduced income for others and eventually put millions out of work.

Unlike Japan the Chinese are welcoming US businesses to manufacture and supply products to their citizens.

It appears that the "Outdoor" version is the military model with a better stability spec. So lets see, 15-20W is all that is needed to drive my modified 9 band NCL-2000 to 1200W with ease. Or just 8 bands without adding 160. Of course there is no passband tuning, variable IF selectivity, notch filter, or all the other goodies of my ancient TS-130 which is the current bedroom radio for 8 bands.

Decisions, decisions.

Carl

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    KK5R likes this.
  5. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Toyota, Honda, BMW, etc., all manufacture cars here in the the US. Are they American? Are Fords, Chevy's, etc., American?

https://www.cars.com/articles/the-carscom-2017-american-made-index-1420695680673/?cmp=sf92552931

Even with tweaked criteria, only one GM product makes the list, while 3 Honda's are on there.

A little off topic, but this is the Zed after all... Last month I picked bought a 2009 Toyota Camry, which by the previous criteria was the most American car you could buy.

KK5R likes this.
  6. LB4FH

Hi
    I did a field test today, and changing the AGC setting made no difference to this. I'll have to do some more digging through the manuals for a solution. Thanks for the tip though.

7. LB4FH

Map of todays QSO's with the Xiegu X108G
    Except from the gain issue it works very well, even on DX stations. I ran one US stations, and heard several (a US station took over my frequency, apparently he couldn't hear me or any of my pileup).

The antenna was a 1/4 vertical.

laff0373.JPG

8. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for being one of the few who ask for help who is polite enough to thank those who try to help you.

KK5R likes this.
  9. LB4FH

Of course I do. Also, the feedback could be handy for others with similar issues :)

KK5R likes this.
  10. WB5THT

WB5THT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's quite interesting, I had no idea there was a reverse market, i.e., US to China. Any references to this, I would love to investigate.

11. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hahha... I live in Asia. Of course the Chinese want US businesses to supply products to their citizens. I'll tell you exactly what happens. The products and services get copied, then pushed-out by fake news reports of problems / sudden raids related to food issues, etc., then the same products are re-sold under a Chinese company name.

The Chinese don't innovate. They steal.

If you don't believe me, I've got some Chinese-made Heil Pro 7 headsets to sell you.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dav...lgo_pvid=187ff978-e74e-4cd2-98b6-76c729e5cb74

12. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

13. KE0EYJ

Thanks for the hilarious armchair keyboard warrior quote for the day.

N0KEW likes this.
  14. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

One only has to study history to burst some bubbles.

15. KE0EYJ

One has to try living in Asia to see the truth first-hand. Living on an overseas Army base, surrounded by a culture that is not the culture of the country you are living in, doesn't count.

And here's a hint... the history presented to people is often heavily revisionist and influenced by political commentary.

KK5R likes this.