Xiegu G90

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by SM5LIB, Feb 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. SM5LIB

SM5LIB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I will become the new owner of Xiegu G90 and wonder if anyone has experience in how to connect it to PC and HRD? Open for all hints and tips.

2. K4BSC

K4BSC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you read the manual on page 32, "Connect to a computer for amateur radio data communication"?

3. SM5LIB

SM5LIB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes I have read the manual but I have not received the radio yet. I have MacLoggerDX and I cannot find any USB-Driver for Mac so I have lots of question marks hanging over me until I have received my brand new radio.
    And I was asking for experience, not how to connect.

4. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently received my new G90. It says you can use the CI-V commands to control the XCVR but it doesn't list the available commands anywhere. It says it is running software version 1.6 but the latest upgrade is version 1.06. Anyone know of a technical support group anywhere?

5. W5DXP

6. W5DXP

I just learned that the G90 CI-V bus emulates the IC-7100 command set. Sure enough, I am in rig control of the G90 using FLrig from http://www.w1hkj.com/. FLrig is configured for the IC-7100 and the USB-CI-V serial port baud rate is set to 19200. This display is a lot easier to read than the one on the G90.:)

FLrigControl.png

DG6UAX, KE5ETX and VE1DDD like this.
  7. N4AHO

N4AHO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What I can't find is the "data cable driver" referenced on Page 30 of Radioddity's manual for the G90. It says, "Go to the Xiegu website." Where the heck is that?? All I get is PileupDX.com which has nothing I need.
    EDIT: To be clear, I'm planning to use CAT control - not data modes. Is this elusive data cable driver needed? The manual is completely silent on how to actually set up CAT (including the virtual COM port).

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  8. N4AHO

N4AHO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nevermind. I just got a reply from David at Radioddity. He said Windows will install the needed driver automatically. Can't wait to try it out.