ad: w5yi

XIEGU G90 HEAD UNIT NOT POWER ON

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K2TLX, Aug 20, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K2TLX

K2TLX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello And Greetings My Fellow Hams

1) Powered On My Xiegu G90 And Was Done Messing Around On 80 M With It

2 ) Turned Off Radio Via My DC SWITCH

3) Went To Turn On Radio Again To Get On 80 M Net To Talk And Head Unit No Lighting UP At All ANd Screen No Powering On Also I see It Pulling Current But No Power On Head Unit

????

Did It Just Die?

Thank You For Help

OK1USU likes this.
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you using the head separated from the radio body?

3. K2TLX

K2TLX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No it stilll attached when i power it on i called xiegu and amayon there are doing a one for one swap with me

4. VA3NKA

VA3NKA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here. Just happened. I think it was the CAT cable that froze the radio and after reboot, the head unit did not light up.

5. YU2MBX

YU2MBX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the same problem with my new Xiegu G90. Can not power on. Mic get power light up for a second. Any suggestion how to fix this problem

6. KC3PBI

KC3PBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Disconnect the cat serial cable- that's the lower 3.5mm connector on the left side of the head.

If that serial interface receives anything when the radio is booting, it interprets that as "press any key for firmware utility" and does that instead of booting up into the normal radio interface.

If you disconnect the serial cable OR put some good ferrite beads on that cat cable, you can eliminate the noise causing the radio to think you are trying to reload firmware in serial terminal mode.

KL7KN likes this.
  7. VA3NKA

I made it work by re-installing the firmware.

8. W8DBC

W8DBC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for posting this fix! I was able to just send the firmware for the display unit and it came back to life. You saved me a lot of trouble!

9. F4HZT

F4HZT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    sorry for my bad english.
    Same with mine. I think it was the CAT cable that froze the radio and after reboot, the head unit did not light up too.
    Tried several techniques (F switch, PRE switch), and was able to send the firmware to the body and display unit, but the RTX remains the same.

Display is blank (black), microphone lights up, little noise in the speaker. Nothing else.

10. VA3NKA

It happens sometimes to me too.
    Unplug the CAT cable, turn the radio off from power supply wait a bit and then turn it back on.
    Plug the CAT cable last.

IF it does not work update the update the firmware, then plug out the CAT and reboot.

the CAT is what freezes it.

OH8STN likes this.