WZ1M Transformer Rebuilds

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by KA4KOE, Jun 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Up to what size, I wonder. Looks like his speciality is small transformers like input and interstage transformers. If he does audiophile/audiophool hi-fi output transformers, he probably could handle a 30-watt class-B driver transformer, but what about kW size modulation iron? I would guess he is not cheap.

2. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmmm, wonder if he could rewind an 80 lb. Dahl that has a shorted primary?

Pheel

3. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

All it takes is an email or a call on the twisted pair.

4. KA4KOE

http://www.epd-inc.com/products/
    Looks like they do radio transformers. No idea of the cost. I just emailed and asked if they do rewinds for units up to 100 lbs.

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Its a CB shop who branched to ham stuff. They have an all new way of specifying CCS according to those owners Ive talked to including VE7RF:D

6. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I suspect "an all new way of specifying CCS" translates to: "an all new way of inflating the power specifications".

1 person likes this.
  7. KA4KOE

No reply to my email.

8. KA4KOE

That's disappointing.

9. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw an EPD plate supply transformer a few years ago. It was around 1 amp 2200 v. sec. 0 - 230 v. primary. It was an open transformer on an EI core. It seemed to be okay. A friend put it in his 4-1000A amp with a v. doubler and it's worked FB for the past few years.

10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

If that is a real 1A it is ~ twice what a 4X1 requires even key down RTTY or AM. What was the weight?