www.ten-ten.org ?? Lost their domain ??

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by N4UP, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am not a 10-10 member, but I was curious enough to try to look their website.

Google reveals www.ten-ten.org as their address. It used to work. But now, apparently, they have lost their web domain as I get the message "Firefox can't find the server at www.ten-ten.org" whenever I try. This has been going on for a while, days if not weeks. I have no trouble accessing other websites. And this problem occurs on multiple/different computers and multiple/different browsers.

Anyone else having this problem ??

2. KF5RRF

KF5RRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Works fine here. Their WHOIS record is up-to-date. DNS record exists for ten-ten.org.

www.ten-ten.org is an alias for ten-ten.org.
    ten-ten.org has address 208.180.26.195
    ten-ten.org mail is handled by 0 ten-ten.org.

See if you can get to it by the IP address above. If not, you've got something going on at your end.

3. N4UP

Thank you. The copy-and-paste of the IP address works fine. I suppose it doesn't matter why the alias doesn't work, but the alias doesn't work on any of my five computers/two different operating systems/two different browsers. In each case I am clicking on the link provided by the search engine. That link ( alias ) used to work, but now does not. Since the IP address works, then it must be something happening on this end, which is perplexing. But for now I won't worry about it. Thanks.

4. N4UP

Actually ... I will worry about it now. I can use the IP address to get to the main 10-10 site, but none of the links within the main 10-10 page work, probably because they use the alias. If they work for you/others then something is amiss here. But what in the world would be/could be blocking the alias on this end? And why would the 10-10 site be the only website that my "system" is ( apparently ) blocking? Unless somehow my security suite thinks www.ten-ten.org is dangerous? I may try turning off my firewall for a moment just to see ...

Okay, I turned off the firewall and still cannot access www.ten-ten.org

Some of the links on the 10-10 site use the IP address and work; those that use the alias do not work.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.