www.mods.dk registration issue

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KT5INA, Jan 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KT5INA

KT5INA Ham Member QRZ Page

Uncle! I've been attempting to register and consistently receive an "invalid character code." I attempted to send a message on the "contact" form and again with the "invalid character code." Searching the FAQ is no help. A google search for "www.mods.dk registration issue/problem" leads back to FAQ. I wouldn't be bothered by this except this website as some very useful information on the KPC3 non plus and KPC3+ TNC I can't find anywhere else.

This is what I have tried.
    1. Google Chrome.
    2. Microsoft Edge.
    3. Mozilla Firefox.
    4. Refreshed browser (yes all 3).
    5. Closed out all browsers.
    6. Restarted Windows 10 laptop.
    7. Attempted using Android Browser on Dragon X10 Android 5.1.1
    (Laptop and Dragon X10 tablet are using a gmail linked account.)
    8. All 3 browsers on my Windows 10 Tablet.
    (Laptop and Windows 10 Tablet share a Microsoft Hotmail email login account.)
    9. Google search of listed call signs for "Erik" the site owner/operator. OZ1TF, OZ2AEP the only info I could find required that I create an account to view. (I am now into week 2 of technological issues from HADES and not in the mood to attempt yet another created account, issues include not being sure if I really want to keep login account for a website that requires changing the password every 6 months. I am glad my password cheat sheet is in pencil...)
    10. Every attempt at entering any character code shown became interesting as all alpha characters are capitalized in the frame and upper or lower case entries get the same "invalid character code" error. Can not tell if character is letter O or number zero, letter i, or l or number 1, or number 2 or Z.

I am almost bald and my teeth have been ground down to the gums. I would appreciate any suggestions I have not already tried or if some one who already has an account can attempt contacting "Erik" and pass along my attempt information and my preferred email address kt5ina@outlook.com. Thanks for even reading this!

KT5INA

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Uninstall Windows then it will work. :rolleyes:

3. KT5INA

:D Thanks I needed that! (Would uninstall but I'm a masochist and signed up for the Windows Insider Program. Yes you read that right!)

Oh and before someone pipes up with "Well there ya go that's the reason you're having technological difficulties..." 90% of my issues happened before I re-registered as a Windows Insider. The 10% of issues are the loss of my settings and calendars for 3 Microsoft Email, Windows 10 login accounts.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    N5PNZ likes this.
  4. KT5INA

Come to think of it uninstalling Windows would not help much when I am experiencing the exact same problem on an Android device that has nothing to do with Windows...