ad: Retevis-1

www.CollegeARC.com to Open Sunday August 30, 2009

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB1LQC, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB1LQC

KB1LQC Guest

QRZ.com.

Both Brent and I would like to inform the QRZ.com community that we have decided to open www.CollegeARC.com to the public this coming Sunday August 30, 2009 EST. This can also be thought of as 0400 UTC Sunday morning. We hope that this date corresponds with many colleges beginning their academic year around this time of August. The website was announced to the QRZ.com community several weeks ago in this news thread which can be read for more information.

We would like to invite everyone to visit the website regardless of age or college affiliation. It is our hope that it becomes a resource to see what activities the college clubs are participating in for all to enjoy. It is especially important for members of college clubs to participate on CollegeARC.com as this provides the support for the website.

Many hours of hard work went into the website and while we do not have every college club listed (help us grow it!) we also included numerous articles and other content to jump-start the website. We would like to thank those who helped us test the website and provide feedback as well as encourage all who visit www.collegearc.com when it opens to provide feedback! Thank you all for your time and we hope you enjoy the website!

Sincerely,

Bryce Salmi KB1LQC
    Brent Salmi KB1LQD

2. KC7KGQ

KC7KGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Your looking for college clubs

Hi Bryce and Brent - I believe you're looking for college clubs if I understand right. Arizona State University has a club called W7ASU (Est. ~ 1935). "Amateur Radio Society at Arizona state University".
    (Wish I knew about the hobby when I went there in late 70's early 80's)
    Club Info:
    Club Website: http://www.asu.edu/clubs/amateur_radio_society/
    Email: W7ASU@asu.edu
    Snail Mail Address: W7ASU, SORC Box #117, c/o student Organization Resource Center (SORC) at ASU, Box 871301, Tempe AZ 85287-1301.
    Club President: Nicholas Radtke, KC7MOD, 602-279-7190, Radtken@aztecfreenet.org

Good Luck with your new website.
    Tim Eaton KC7KGQ

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  3. KB1LQC

KB1LQC Guest

CollegeARC.com

QRZ,
    Thanks for all the interest and the website was launched at Midnight! We enjoyed lots of interest and hope that the word keeps spreading about the website and community. Again, thank you everyone for your help!

Sincerely,

Bryce Salmi
    KB1LQC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.