ad: ProAudio-1

WWW.3955.US had 7100 visitors this past year.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W2TGR, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W2TGR

W2TGR Ham Member QRZ Page

Another year has gone by and the Gang at 3955 is doing well. This past year our website (WWW.3955.US) had just over 7100 visitors. This is down a bit from the previous year but still very respectable. We would like to welcome everyone to stop by, take a look and leave some feedback on what we can do to help our site improve.

73 Terry
    W2TGR
    WWW.3955.US

2. AE7AA

AE7AA Ham Member QRZ Page

After I figured out your site design a bit, I like it for the most part. I think your site could benefit from some SEO (search engine optimization). The HTML that includes lines of dedicated "&nbsp;" space make the page look good, but sure slow loading. It also doesn't help with those pesky search engine bots trying to determine where you should appear in their search results either. I think SEO would suggest that the title of the home page should say what your side is about, not just the website's URL. I'd include that "60 Years Of Amateur Radio" slogan in the <title> tag. Same is true for the meta description. Being more descriptive instead of filling the description with only keywords is usually a good idea. Just my 2cents...

3. GW7AAV

GW7AAV Ham Member QRZ Page

(WWW.3955.US)

Best viewed in a browser most of us wouldn't touch with a barge pole at a resolution that makes everything look pixalated wearing rose tinted specs.

Sorry but that site looks very dated and far too busy. Web design class of 1990?Surprised it didn't play an annoying tune too.

4. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree...

There a lot of people that don't use IE (I use Firefox myself) and you should consider optimizing your site for other browsers. In FF, the elements run together and some overlap. You need to correct this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.