ad: vanity

WTB Mighty Magnum M-277 5/8 CB antenna

Discussion in 'General Merchandise' started by M0GNG, Mar 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M0GNG

M0GNG Ham Member QRZ Page

As above, it's a long shot, but ever since the home office "stole" mine in 1983 I've wanted another one , please let me know if you have one or know where I can get my hands on one, thanks

73 Steve M0GNG

m0gng@sky.com

2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

IIRC, there are still companies that sell similar 5/8 wave "10m" antennas. Here in the U.S., they banned aluminum CB base antennas after Bubba and Darwin argued over the stupidity of erecting antennas near power lines, but ham antennas were still available.

3. M0GNG

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply and the info, I can see the logic in banning "conductive pole CB aerials" if they are near power lines, I'm just after one for sentimental value really, probably not even use it, but just "want" ! recapture my youth sort of thing (mid-life crisis)

Best 73s
    Steve M0GNG

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

5. M0GNG

Thanks Robert,

That's the one! But sweet baby jebus that's a fortune for a bit alu pole!!
    I think I'll see if I can get one a bit nearer home, and maybe slightly cheaper, probably cheaper to make my own, or resurrect one from bits!!
    I'm thinking there must be someone in the UK with one in their shed or garage not being used or forgotten about, even if it's just pieces so I can put one together

For some reason I want a burger now.

Cheers,

Steve

6. M0GNG

You never know though, I made them an offer ever so slightly lower than the asking price, they might accept it as they are banned in the states!
    If I get it I'l let you know :)

7. KD8DEY

8. M0GNG

They said NO! so still after one, thanks

9. KD8DEY

I remember reading a while back that HyGain was again manufacturing the "Super Penetrator".
    Those were extremely popular back in the day....