ad: ProAudio-1

WSPR users: PLEASE double check your settings

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WQ2H, Sep 6, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I hate being a buzzkill - but if you're going to use the WSPR system please be courteous and make sure you're settings are correct.

If you don't use CAT (recommended), you'll have to manually make sure that the radio, and the WSPR reporting frequency match. If not - you'll be vomiting incorrect reports all over the place, even possibly on PSKReporter if that's enabled. If you're in the "Advanced" settings section editing frequencies - please be extra cautious.

There's an operator (I will not name but easy enough to find out the call) who is habitually reporting 40m contacts on 2200m. Repeated emails from several people have gone unanswered - so no one knows if it's intentionally malicious, an error, on vacation in the Bahamas, or maybe stone cold dead in his chair. Right now he's dumping thousands of bogus WSPR spots on "0.001517 Mhz" into the 2200m section.

If you're out there and you need help - any of the people who have emailed you are all willing to help.

Jim, WQ2H / WK2XAH

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank You in advance.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  3. WQ2H

PM sent - like I said, there's been no reply from numerous emails from several different people.

He has also been contacted through QRZ. He has an active account so no reason to believe he wouldn't see it here.

KA9JLM likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I don't see any reason not to post his call - just put an "at" symbol in front of it: @W7UUU and if he's a forum member, he'll see an alert next time he logs in and will (hopefully) find this thread by clicking on the alert.

It's really no different than sending him an email - since HE has HIS CALL SIGN out there in public as the WSPR reporting station. It's not like you're "outing" him - he's already publicly announcing his call as it is.

Dave
    W7UUU

WQ2H likes this.
  5. WQ2H

Got ya Dave. :)

Unfortunately - even after repeated emails he's still dumping 40m report data into 2200m. Very strange.

BS.jpg