WSPR help needed......

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KE9RJM, Jun 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KE9RJM

KE9RJM Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope this is the right place to ask this....My rig is an IC-718 and a Signalink, it is working fine in FT8 on WSJT-x but when I try to run WSPR it doesn't seem to be doing anything. My settings for the rig are identical as when I run FT8 but the "HZ box" is red and I can't figure out how to adjust that. If I click on "TUNE" my PTT light activates. I am not getting a waterfall display.

Any suggestions will be appreciated,

Thanks, Bob
    KE9RJM

2. K5URU

K5URU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think the separate WSPR program has been actively maintained since 2009. From the WSPR software download page: "Most operators will be best served by using WSJT-X for WSPR as well as for any of the two-way communication modes."

In WSJT-X, just select WSPR from the Mode menu and you'll be all set.

(If I'm misunderstanding, and you're not using the standalone WSPR program, let me know.)

3. KE9RJM

KE9RJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well... don't I feel dumb.....I had just heard about WSPR yesterday at a Ham Radio club meeting so i just googled it and the stand alone software came up and away i went....many thanks for your response, Bob

4. K5URU

K5URU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Haha! No worries. I did the same thing at first, and I'm sure we're not the only ones. Have fun! -Blake