ad: elecraft

WSPR - An Introduction for Beginners

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, Jan 7, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. LU7DLS

LU7DLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Surely the video about WSPR must be very complete and educational.
    It's a shame that:
    1) The author speaks VERY FAST for those who do not speak English perfectly or speak it because it is their mother tongue.
    2) Subtitles are ONLY ENABLED in English; They should include, at a minimum, SPANISH (given that this is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world), as well as Portuguese, Italian, French, German, etc. etc.
    If the idea was to facilitate the use of WSPR to the ENTIRE radio community, once again the attempt has failed.

2. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

The author of that video speaks the australian dialect and he dont have to shame. Its not fast and totally harmless. Have a try with a fast typical scotish dialect, than you are lost.

KW9WK likes this.
  3. LU7DLS

LU7DLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Good evening DO1FER.
    I never said that the author of the video had to be ashamed of his work.
    I say that when you do something to help the whole community, you have to take into account those details: translations for everyone, not just a conversation in English and speaking fast. There are many videos made by English speakers, who express themselves slowly so that those of us who barely speak the language can understand them and, in many cases, they are subtitled in several languages.
    The day they understand that English is not the predominant language in the world, things will be simpler for everyone.

4. DO1FER

DO1FER Ham Member QRZ Page

Here I think that you await too much. Our hobby is international and there are places, for example when you do C4FM or DMR, where you dont have to go to. The OMs and YLs speak their mother tongue in several places where they are living. And when you go to their digital repeaters they dont speak your language too. And QRZ.com is the same. These page is american and an idea of Fred Lloyd (AA7BQ). And when you go here, you cant await that americans speak your language. The main language here is English in its facets. And I dont await that someone speaks in German to me too. When someones try, its nice but not normal here.

KW9WK likes this.