ad: KF7PMW-1

WSJTX will not decode, please help

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by AF7VT, Jan 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. AF7VT

AF7VT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Greetings,

My name is Ric AF7VT. My problem is WSJT-X will not decode. I am using a MacBook Pro Mid 2010 connected to an Icom IC-718 via SignaLink USB. I also run FLdigi through the same set up without any issues. I have noticed that on 7040 the radio works Split and USB. WSJT-X automatically sets the radio to USB, is this correct?

Thank you & 73,

AF7VT

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you selected the correct mode (JT65/FT8/JT9) from the pulldown menu in WSJT-X?

3. AF7VT

Yes.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The most typical cause for this is your computer clock is not precisely synchronized. Google and download a free app for Mac that syncs your computer to a government time server. Dimension4 is the one I use but that's on a PC. No idea which ones Mac users can get but should be easy.

I'll bet ya lunch that's your problem

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The Mac comes with a GREAT NTP service that keeps the computer spot on. It can be configured in Setttings & Preferences (Date & Time) and normally configured to keep the time correct right out-of-the-box.

6. AF7VT

W7UUU,

Thanks. I checked my preferences and it is synced. Still do not know what WSJT-X will not decode.

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you seeing signals on the waterfall?

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

7074 is the go-to FT8 frequency. USB, no split.

9. AF7VT

Yes.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Can you post a photo of what your waterfall and interface screens? Curious what your audio level looks like in the control screen

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.