WSJTX will not decode, please help

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by AF7VT, Jan 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. AF7VT

AF7VT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Greetings,

My name is Ric AF7VT. My problem is WSJT-X will not decode. I am using a MacBook Pro Mid 2010 connected to an Icom IC-718 via SignaLink USB. I also run FLdigi through the same set up without any issues. I have noticed that on 7040 the radio works Split and USB. WSJT-X automatically sets the radio to USB, is this correct?

Thank you & 73,

AF7VT

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Have you selected the correct mode (JT65/FT8/JT9) from the pulldown menu in WSJT-X?

3. AF7VT

Yes.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The most typical cause for this is your computer clock is not precisely synchronized. Google and download a free app for Mac that syncs your computer to a government time server. Dimension4 is the one I use but that's on a PC. No idea which ones Mac users can get but should be easy.

I'll bet ya lunch that's your problem

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The Mac comes with a GREAT NTP service that keeps the computer spot on. It can be configured in Setttings & Preferences (Date & Time) and normally configured to keep the time correct right out-of-the-box.

6. AF7VT

W7UUU,

Thanks. I checked my preferences and it is synced. Still do not know what WSJT-X will not decode.

7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you seeing signals on the waterfall?

8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

7074 is the go-to FT8 frequency. USB, no split.

9. AF7VT

Yes.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Can you post a photo of what your waterfall and interface screens? Curious what your audio level looks like in the control screen

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.