WSJT-X with Xiegu X5105 PTT error

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KB6LA, Sep 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KB6LA

KB6LA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi there,

I am trying to get WSJT-X working with this Xiegu X5105. I have the factory control cable, plus a Signalink USB that I have wired to the mic connector for the audio portion.

In WSJT, there is no X5105 option. Some say that the IC-7000 setting should work, but it doesn't for me. I select the only Xiegu setting (X108) and the CAT test passes "green." It reads the frequency as I tune the band, and on RX, everything seems just perfectly fine. Usual settings - 19200/8/N/1.

However, the PTT test fails. The rig clicks to transmit and immediately clicks off with an error message reading "Command rejected by the rig while setting PTT on." I have read a few messages that RF can cause this problem, however I've put the RF at a minimum. 1W transmit power into a dummy load. (Plus, if the error message is accurate, then it's a command issue.)

Does anyone know if the X5105 has a slightly different set of commands, or if there are other settings in the software or rig that I should be looking at? Might we see an X5105 setting in Hamlib one of these days? Thanks and 73!

2. WB5TZN

WB5TZN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I too have been working with the x5105 trying to get digital ft8 to work. I am having the same problem with wsjt-x. I download MSHV. This seem to work great, however I do not seem to be able to make contacts. I could be having some audio issues. This may not help much be the keying works with MSHV. I have not been able to get it to work with any other software. 73s

3. KB6LA

KB6LA Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a good piece of info - thanks! Perhaps WSJT will get around to integrating this model. I will hive MSHV a shot though.

4. WB5TZN

After the last reply I have continued to work toward a fix for wsjt-x and x5105. This fix also applies to js8call. Load DLrig,set DLrig to the ic-7100(it will not work with the ic-7000), set for the correst com port, check 2 stop bits and ptt via cat. (Note some of this will set automatically.) Hit init. Make sure the x5105 is turned on and attached to the computer before you bring up DLrig. DLdigi can be downloaded at the same time. If you want to try psk31,rtty,cw and many more. Please note while initing and each time up bring up DLrig the radio will sometimes key up. Punch the ptt key on the radio one or twice and it will unkey. Hope this is helpful. WB5TZN,

5. WB5TZN

I forgot to mention to set wsjt-x and js8call to DLrig in the config menu and the rig option.

6. KE0OIR

KE0OIR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My only serial port options on a new macbookpro are USB and bluetooth. On an older MacBook Pro I had other options which allowed me to use a sound dongle I purchased from Amazon.

7. SA5QED

SA5QED Ham Member QRZ Page

Bump!
    Any more info on this?
    Has anyone solved this "issue"?
    Are there any "undocumented" commands to set in the "PTT Command" field under Advanced?

8. KE0OIR

9. KE0OIR

I have managed to solve the serial port issue by messing around with flrig and Fldigi. Now I am sometimes getting a Hamlib message about a communications bus error. This all under Mojave. I had WSJT-X working last summer on an older MacBook Pro using the High Sierra OS and made a few QSOs. Just got the message again: Communication bus error while getting current frequency.