WSJT-X with Xiegu X5105 PTT error

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KB6LA, Sep 16, 2018 at 6:11 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB6LA

KB6LA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi there,

I am trying to get WSJT-X working with this Xiegu X5105. I have the factory control cable, plus a Signalink USB that I have wired to the mic connector for the audio portion.

In WSJT, there is no X5105 option. Some say that the IC-7000 setting should work, but it doesn't for me. I select the only Xiegu setting (X108) and the CAT test passes "green." It reads the frequency as I tune the band, and on RX, everything seems just perfectly fine. Usual settings - 19200/8/N/1.

However, the PTT test fails. The rig clicks to transmit and immediately clicks off with an error message reading "Command rejected by the rig while setting PTT on." I have read a few messages that RF can cause this problem, however I've put the RF at a minimum. 1W transmit power into a dummy load. (Plus, if the error message is accurate, then it's a command issue.)

Does anyone know if the X5105 has a slightly different set of commands, or if there are other settings in the software or rig that I should be looking at? Might we see an X5105 setting in Hamlib one of these days? Thanks and 73!