ad: M2Ant-1

WSJT-X v2.0.0 by K1JT released - not compatible to earlier versions!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DH2ID, Dec 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N5ZDT

N5ZDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah I've got Linux running on one box and High Sierra running on my macbook pro. It seems to have broken something with hamlib CAT timing as well. Because everytime I click Halt, it brings up a comms error with the CAT interface to my FT897D. This has rarely but occasionally been a problem in the past with refresh/update set to low (1 sec) times. But now it happens after every halt button press. ugh. I can't even think about taking the time to do a source compile on Linux right now. Good luck with that for sure. -dt

2. KO6KL

KO6KL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2.0 not working on windows xp.

QUOTE="DH2ID, post: 4895244, member: 169594"]WSJT-X 2.0.0 has been released by Joe Taylor K1JT and his contributors on December 10th.
    You can download the new version here: http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

WARNING: Version 2.0.0 is not compatible to the earlier versions of WSJT-X,
    every station using WSJT-X is therefore asked to change over to version 2.0.0
    as soon as possible.

At this moment it's a hodgepodge, as I see a lot of hams still using 1.9.1 and a few 2.0.0.

This is a splash screen when starting the program:

View attachment 510709

73 and a merry xmas from Karlsruhe/Germany

Alex - DH2ID[/QUOTE]

3. W2RHS

W2RHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Running Linux Mint 19. Downloaded the 64 bit .deb package, right click & install with gdibi. It install any additional files needed and was done. Nothing else to do. The whole process, including download, took less than 5 minutes. Everything including rig control works perfect. Had 4 signals decode in old version on 20 meters, new version had 13 signals decoded.

It's time to upgrade!!!

WU8Y likes this.
  4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Another forum I frequent had some folks posting, thinking something was wrong with their rigs since - all of a sudden - no decodes or very few decodes while the waterfall was busier than ever. Once informed of the protocol change some of them are taking steps to update. The word is traveling out in the wild if a bit slowly.

5. UT7UX

UT7UX Ham Member QRZ Page

At the very beginning HAMs were pioneers, were on the edge of radio communication science and technology. Today we lost our technological leadership (today no individual can compete to big tech companies ‘coz everything became too complicated) but still trying to taste something new like digimodes. But the other side of our hobby could be ability to use everything we can reach to establish communication. It is absolutely normal to use best components (i.e. newest computer and newest OS) while it is also absolutely normal to use something considered garbage if we can make it work. So if old computer with old OS still doing its job, there are no reasons to upgrade unless you wish the upgrade itself. Outdated? Vulnerability? Protect it with software or hardware or just disconnect it from the internet.

6. KD9LTQ

KD9LTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

"progressive Zed types"?

WU8Y likes this.
  7. KE7WB

KE7WB Ham Member QRZ Page

This explains over the last couple of weeks why I would see signals on the waterfall and not decode most of them. Glad I finally read the article and upgraded.

8. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm testing JTDX v2.0.1 RC114. Working well.

I just received RC115 to test.

It should not be long before JTDX 77 bits is released to the public.

UT7UX and AK9S like this.
  9. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

"JTDX 2.1.0 rc 115 19th December FT8v2 basic function

This release does not support any contest modes yet and is released for basic FT8v2 operation

Please carry out a clean install which is recommended and very important

Please see JTDX YouTube channel or files section screen shots

Changelog:

AutoSeq shall handle free text messages at QSO with nonstandard or combined callsign
    filter out some more false FT8 decodes, now using data from ALLCALL.TXT to filter out some false decodes
    ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, containing 75243 callsigns
    cty.dat file is updated to version CTY-2815

Changed source files:

decodedtext.cpp/h, ft8b.f90, decoder.f90, ALLCALL.TXT, cty.dat, CMakelists.txt
    Added new files: lib/chkflscall.f90

Built SW (MS Windows) https://cloud.mail.ru/public/E9ud/zKTjcJ3Co
    checksum JTDX-2.0.1-rc115-win32.exe
    SHA-256: 84F6C9732EC8F49DF974918FE03EEDBEA0AEF119EADB8720BF59E87F7DB6EF79

Alternative download JTDX

Source code https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4SUR/WL6jnUSpw
    checksum src2.0.1-rc115.zip
    SHA-256: 2627CBB8DAFF09B69245E7FA045D8514AA1DCDCC98D0C9293FF0968BC74278B9

Alternative download JTDX

File Checksum Utility "

UT7UX likes this.
  10. N8DC

N8DC Ham Member QRZ Page

I am testing it here also. The thing that annoys me about JTDX is thy are usually way off from having all the updates that are done in WSJT-X . I would think that most of it is just copying the code and adding their stuff ?
    They also need to incorporate the configuration option so you can set up more than one rig and use that rig with just a mouse click.
    Dave N8DC