WSJT-X on TS590S setup issue

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K3DBI, Apr 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Did it ever work for you?

2. K3DBI

K3DBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I was able to eventually get it working. can't remember what I did now, it's been a while. At this time I am not longer running any digital modes on my 590. The radio had an issue shortly after setting up digi, and had to be sent back to Kenwood for repair, don't know if it was related or not, but I'm gun shy now.

3. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So am I just monitoring the problem! I'm considering upgrading my HF rig...maybe I should keep the entry model for experimentation with digi..it's supposed to be capable. I've been reading up on JT65HF. I would hate to bounce a new upgrade into the shop due to experimentation w/digi.

4. W4LJ

W4LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FYI: I've been using a TS-590S on multiple digital modes, including JT-65, for more than 3 years. It seems to have a robust transmitter design. I've never experienced anything but normal operation from the transceiver.

K4RKY likes this.
  5. WI0T

WI0T Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got WSJT-X to work on my TS-590...Here is my radio configuration setup - for both Versions 1.6 and 1.7 RC2

upload_2016-11-23_10-39-42.png

I did find that I could not use WSJT-X to change frequency when the TS-590 is in memory mode...That messed everything up. In memory mode I had to use the 590.

But in VFO mode, I could use both the 590 and WSJT-X program to change frequencies.

However I'm still learning, so operator error is quite likely....

Good Luck & 73,

Rod

KM4ODS likes this.
  6. W0EA

W0EA Ham Member QRZ Page

I think I'm having the same problem as you with the power swings/audio out issue on Sierra and the 590. Did you ever figure it out?

7. AH6GT

AH6GT Ham Member QRZ Page

If you saw my previous string, you saw that I was having strange problems with WSJT-X and my Kenwood TS-590S. After upgrading to Mac Sierra, I began to experience a strange loss of audio at about 1 second intervals. I called Apple and described what was going on. They told me... "3rd party software is not our problem". Apple suggested that perhaps the 3rd party software needs to be updated for Sierra.
    Are any of you able to use WSJT-X and fldigi with Sierra?
    In the mean time I had discovered that by turning on another piece of 3rd party software (LineIn by Rogue Amoeba) the problem disappeared if I set LineIn's input to "USB Audio CODEC" and output to "Silence Output", then clicked "Play Thru".
    This is not a real fix, but at least I am able to use WSJT-X and fldigi again.

8. W0EA

W0EA Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried changing the output to 44.1khz 2 channel? I did that last night and I *think* it might have done the trick

9. AH6GT

AH6GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well! I'll be a monkey's uncle! That did fix the problem for me, too! Thanks for simplifying my life. Aloha Nui Loa!

10. W0EA

W0EA Ham Member QRZ Page

:) there's still a little weird audio buzz on the transmitted audio at the very end of the cycle but it doesn't seem to matter in terms of decodes on the other end.