WSJT-X not decoding

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W8WV, Sep 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok, for some reason I was thinking you were dealing with ft8. Your saying not decoding any wsjt-x transmissions regardless of the mode. Sorry about my confusion. What software did you download for the using network time?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  2. KG5THG

Just an fyi while we're thinking on this. If you set the waterfall to bins/pixel to 6 it may be easier to read the signals.

3. KG5THG

I use Meinberg for NTP (https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/sw/ntp.htm) and sometimes it can fail to start or Microsoft knocks it down. If you use Meinberg, under apps for Meinberg, what does it say when you run "quick ntp status". If you don't use Meinberg, what does the equivalent for your software say?

4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Go to the WSJT-X settings and make sure you do NOT have a check mark next to "Monitor off at startup."

5. W8WV

W8WV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. W8WV

7. W8WV

It is uncheck - assume I would not see green Monitor light on screen

8. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Looking at your screenshot, you have JT9 selected as your mode, but you are on the JT65 frequency. Neither JT9 or JT65 are much in use any longer, since the arrival of FT8. Tune your rig to 14074kHz and go to the WJST-X MODE menu and put it into FT8 mode and you should see decodes within 15 seconds or so.

9. W8WV

10. W8WV

Changed Freq and mode - still no decode