WSJT-X logging?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W0AZZ, Jan 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
  1. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

WSJT X automatically opens the log dialog (if set properly in the setup menu.) You can turn the automatic pop-up for the log off or on. If you turn it on, you won't have to click "LOG QSO." The dialog box will open when 73 is sent.

In the WSJT X menu go to file, settings, open log directory and observe the ADI File name. The file is in ADIF format. You should be able to figure out what to do from that point.

2. NC7U

NC7U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am using AlarmJT. It can be found here:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/alarmejt
    Been using it for several years now.

3. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

DXKeeper works well and it's free.

4. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been using WSJT-X with GridTracker https://tagloomis.com/grid-tracker/

You can set up the logging section so as soon as you log a QSO in WSJT-X it uploads to LOTW, QRZ, eQSL etc.

BTW, I only need New Hampshire, Delaware and Maine worked/confirmed for WAS 20m FT8. WHERE ARE YOU?

Max
    VE3TMT

5. N5TJD

N5TJD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The lowest tech way is:
    1. Open WSJT-X -> File -> Open Log Directory
    2. In your file browser, click and open 'wsjtx_log.adi'
    3. Scroll down to find the record(s) you want to upload.
    4. Copy the selected records.
    5. Open another text editor (Windows Notepad)
    6. Paste selected record(s)
    7. Save as a *.adi file somewhere easy to get to, like 'My Documents.'

You can now upload the file to any online logging service that accepts ADI files...

For LOTW,
    1. Open TrustedQSL
    2. Select 'Sign a log and upload it automatically to LoTW'
    3. Use the File Browser that pops up to find and select the ADI file you saved earlier.

That is the tedious way, but when I first started back in to the hobby and didn't have a standalone logging program, that is how I did it. :p

6. WO2E

WO2E Ham Member QRZ Page

you guys are the best,

7. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

@W0AZZ - There is nothing better than GridTracker. You need it!

I use GridTracker to automatically upload every FT8/FT4 QSO to QRZ.com, eQSL.cc, ClubLog and HRDLog. I do not use it to upload to LoTW, but it will do it. I send my QSOs over to LoTW from QRZ, just a personal preference, and I only log to the other sites as a convenience to others.

Over time, you will get rejects, etc. Rejects are just deleted on QRZ.com.

Then what I do is, once a week I download my log from QRZ.com. I rename it wsjtx_log.adi and replace (overwrite) the log kept by WSJT-X. Then, go into preferences (in WSJT-X) and rescan the log. That way you will always see accurate DXCC, grid square, etc., information.

It works like a charm.

This is also handy as I use two different rigs/computers, and this is a great way to automatically merge the logs.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  8. WA9FZB

WA9FZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use N3FJP Amateur Contact Log for general logging. I import the .adi file from WSJT-X into ACLog at the close of each operating session, then I delete the file from WSJT-X, allowing ACLog to be my official station record log.

I do this by creating a shortcut on my Windows desktop, going to the wsjtx_log.adi file as N5TJD suggests. I then open ACLog, import the file from the desktop (easy to find, always same location), and then go back to WSJT-X and delete it. The other internal files of WSJT-X all remain intact, just the .adi file is deleted so that I do not duplicate contacts when I import into ACLog.

I then upload/download to LOTW from ACLog.

Works for me. . .

9. NJ2X

NJ2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page