WSJT-X / JTAlert TX / TX Issue

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by W2VQY, Apr 16, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. W2VQY

W2VQY Ham Member QRZ Page

Being shut in so much this year, I have been studying the ins and outs of FT8.

Using: WSJT-X / JTAlert / HRD, software all latest versions. All seem to be working happly with each other.
    However my rig FT847 has been making a unusual "double click" at the end of most transmissions. What I mean is, that the rig ends the transmission and in a split of a second the rig transmits and then stops.. It does it so fast that I wasn't sure of what I was hearing, until I notice my Amertron ARB-704 flashes in that split second.

I found that when JTalert is running with WSJT-X, I get that weird TX ending and when WSJT-X runs alone it does not it.
    I am sure this is not good to my rig or amp (if I use it).

Any thoughts would be appreciated
    - W2VQY

2. W2VQY

UPDATE:
    Started doing it again without JTAtlet.
    Looks like I have a bigger search than originally thought.
    Updates to follow.
    -W2VQY

3. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is just a WAG but try turning split off in WSJT-X and see whether you get the same problem.

4. W2VQY

NG1H,
    What is wag?
    Can you link me to anything that talks about it?

Does it under all 3 of the split options in WSJTX

5. NG1H

WAG = Wild A**ed Guess = No idea if this is the cause but let's try it anyway.

That's all I can think of. When running "fake it" split mode you'll get a brief pause at the beginning and end as the radio switches frequencies but I've never seen a "stutter step" transmission.

6. W2VQY

Understood.
    I am wondering if it is a Signalink soundcard problem.

Thanks for the input..

Anyone else have an idea?

7. AA4PB

AA4PB Ham Member QRZ Page

Is your PTT on the radio connected ONLY to the SignaLink-USB? You don't want it keyed by both the SignaLink *and* CAT control from WSJT-x. Normally with a SignaLink you set WSJT-x to use VOX and let the SignaLink handle the PTT function. Does the red PTT led on the SignaLink flash at the end of the transmission or does it just switch off (as it should)? Make sure that the delay control on the SignaLink is turned fully CCW (minimum delay).

8. NG1H

If something is sending a "beep" at the end and the signalink is the audio output that would do a quick stutter like you are seeing.

Try disconnecting the Signalink, setting the software to use the computer speakers, and do a test transmission to see whether you hear anything at the end of the transmission.