WSJT-X JT-Bridge RumLogNG issue with logging

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by N0FY, Sep 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. N0FY

N0FY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've just converted 100% over to the Mac and am working to get everything up and running. All of these programs work and I can log a QSO from WSJT-X to RumLog, but it is not passing the Name, QTH information that both JT-Bridge and RumLog are able to look up. I'm guessing it is something simple I'm not doing.

Also, is there an freestanding rotor control program??

Any help is appreciated.
    Tom
    N0FY

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Tom,

It is my understanding that you have to let JT-Bridge log the QSO for you if you want the QRZ lookup data to be saved into RUMlogNG. WSJT-X doesn't collect that data so it doesn't pass it directly. You can alternately uncheck "Save QSOs to logbook" in RUMlogNG's UDP preferences which will pass the log over to RUMlogNG, but only fill in the log fields at the top of the RUMlogNG screen. This allows you to do the lookup before you save the data in RUMlogNG. Or, you can always do a post-facto update (Add QSO data) to the log in RUMlogNG.

3. N0FY

N0FY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K3DCW, Thanks for the input. I did finally get the right settings so everything works!

K3DCW likes this.