WSJT-X, Icom ic-718, Signalink - error help request

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W7TCT, Sep 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

@VU3YUH I am assuming... yes, I know... that you have set your interface as the audio source in the Audio tab in WSJT-X.....

2. VU3YUH

VU3YUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I am using windows and I checked all audio settings. I can hear the audio while transmitting through the headset connecting to the interface. That means the audio is coming out from the pc to interface. From interface the PTT and audio are connected to the rig through the acc connector. May I know that any setting to be change in IC 718 for activate the acc port mic in?

3. VU3YUH

using computer sound card.

4. W7TCT

@VU3YUH - Just to confirm... When you say "The power output meter in my rig (ic 718) is showing zero." The tx symbol comes on, the fan comes on, you get the click of the transmitter coming on. But nothing is sent/modulated so meter on rig shows zero.

I don't have any ideas on other settings other than just setting VOX on the Radio tab as I showed above with my settings on that tab. Are those settings in place?

5. VU3YUH

Thank you W7TCT for the information. I am not using the VOX function, the ptt controlled by interface. I meant that, PTT and TX are on with out audio there is no transmission carried out.

6. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure about the 718, but on other radios, you have to switch modes to Data or Dig to get the radio to expect transmit audio from the rear port. Otherwise it expects it from the mic.

7. W7TCT

@KF5FEI The 718 isn't that advanced. :) Just run at USB and good to go.

@VU3YUH Thanks for the clarification. Sorry, my skills end at getting the rig control and a Signalink to work as the sound card. But yes, the interface you have is not sending the audio to the ACC port. I would look more at the interface to see why it doesn't.

8. W7TCT

As I mentioned above, I just posted a YouTube video about my settings for my 718, Signalink, and WSJT-X.

9. VU3YUH

@W7TCT....thank you for the informative video. While transmitting your rig shows the SWR. So please check the power output in rig at the time of transmitting.
    Only 15w is enough for FT8?

10. VU3YUH

@W7TCT....thank you for the informative video. While transmitting your rig shows the SWR. So please check the power output in rig at the time of transmitting.
    Only 15w is enough for FT8?