WSJT-X, Icom ic-718, Signalink - error help request

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W7TCT, Sep 29, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KD3WB

KD3WB Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are using the "Test PTT" function, please be advised that it only keys the transmitter. No audio is sent to the rig.

Ben

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Depending on your setup, make sure you are using the proper sound card. If your interface has a sound card built in, make sure you select that in the software rather than the PC's sound card.

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Anxious to hear the outcome of this thread. I also cannot connect to the radio with FT-8 (WSJT)1.80. Com ports and baud are correct. Damned if I know why it dont work!!! HAIR TEARER!!!
    Com ports are KNOWN GOOD FTDI, works everywhere else!!

4. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Likewise here. You are not alone. I can get my IC-7600 to work just fine with everything but WSJT-X. I also cannot seem to get it to transmit with the Signalink and the 7600. Everything is fine with Hamlogger and MixW etc. The WSJT usergroup has a lot of questions on how to resolve these problems but everything I have tried isn't working...Yet anyway!

5. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

@VU3YUH Manoj, are you sure you are not transmitting? Did you check the PSK Reporter option on the Reporting tab? Send a few CQs and then go to pskreporter to see if anyone is receiving. Know that when I transmit, the WSJT-X application bar on left side also shows zero but it definitely transmits. If the TX symbol on the rig turns on, it clicks, the fan comes on, you are transmitting. I have also noticed that if my timing is off selecting the tx button, WSJT-X says it is transmitting but it does not. Wait a cycle or two to see if it kicks on ... 15-30 seconds for FT-8, 1 minute for others.

@WA6MHZ Did you try setting 9600 baud on both WSJT-X and your rig?

6. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried VOX on the modulator audio tones into the AUX port on my IC-756PRO. It didn't work. Someone posted that VOX is unreliable for such. When I went with DTR-RTS for PTT, everything worked like a charm.

7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I will try that. I have it set to 38400 for Ham Radio Deluxe. Maybe thats too fast for WSJT-X

8. VU3YUH

VU3YUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I checked. And I changed the baud rate to 9600. The power output meter in my rig (ic 718) is showing zero. I am using a homebrewed interface. I think The problem is the audio out from the software is coming upto my interface but not to my rig (from interface).

9. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

I just discovered a strange thing. I'm using a Sony Bravo TV for my monitor and it has a 60 HZ hum when the screen is white. To avoid the hum, I pushed the mute button on the TV remote control. Once I did that, there was no audio output from the PC to my IC-256PRO. I can actually control the PSK31 audio level and therefore the transmitter power output with the volume level buttons on my TV remote control. Good grief! What does it take to get the PC to ignore the TV remote button pushing? No wonder nobody responded to me this morning.:(

10. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

@VU3YUH If using Windows, check your audio settings in Control Panel or by opening the controls from the audio icon in the toolbar.. lower right generally. If Mac, go to sound settings in Preferences. See where your settings are.

Also, your computer should be 'using' your interface as opposed to the built-in sound interface.

@WA6MHZ Yeh, I couldn't get the higher speeds to work either. But, the rig control is very short simple commands so pretty slow baud rates work fine.

[I can't believe I am working with and talking about baud rates. I am getting flashbacks to 110 and 300 'baud' phone handset modems. Yes, I am of a certain age.]