WSJT-X Help

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KN4LGM, Feb 13, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: OK1UUad-1
  1. KI7YFP

KI7YFP Ham Member QRZ Page

On your QRZ page, you say you have an ic7300. You should be able to connect that directly to your computer with a USB cable. Maybe if you take the Signalink out of the loop, get that working and then go back to the 706.

Some other random thoughts, only because I have done them. One time I forgot that the tuner was turned to my dummy load. Oddly enough, it could receive signals. I never received an answer. One time I left it on FT4. I've not paid attention and forgotten to tune for a new band. Receive was ok, but SWR was off the scale.

I can't remember the option, but you can have different setups in WSJT-X and I accidentally switched to one where the audio setup was incorrect. I've forgotten to turn up the power on the radio. I'm sure that there are others.

You could also try a different FT8 program other than WSJT-X.

The only thing that I've used the Decode button for, is when I accidentally double click the Erase button and it erases both panes. If you click Decode, it will re-decode that last 15 second window of data. I'm not sure, but maybe if you change the decode type from Fast->Normal->Deep, it would decode using those options, but that seems pretty unreasonable for FT8. Maybe with JT65 when you have a minute between cycles.

Anyway, maybe there is a setting for Decode, but mine always decodes automatically.

2. KN4LGM

KN4LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have my clock synced and am receiving reliably. But, when I respond to someone it transmits but then I can't receive any more.

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is the rig hanging up in transmit mode?

4. KN4LGM

what do you mean by "hanging up"?

5. KN4LGM

What is the difference in decode type do, and what should it be on with FT8?

6. KP4SX

Transmitter staying keyed after the transmit sequence has ended.

7. KP4SX

Just use Normal. You'll get random errors in the others and you're not ready for that.

8. KN4LGM

No it is not.
    I had it in Deep and was wondering about those errors, thanks! Anything else?

9. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Clarification needed here! Does the transmitter stop transmitting? Does the receiver sound dead or do you hear signals? Try to describe this better.

10. KN4LGM

Example: I am listening to 40 meters, three people are calling CQ. I double click on the calling station to enable transmit, when the next sequence starts it transmits till the sequence. After it is done transmitting I cant decode anything but the waterfall shows signals.