WSJT-X Full-Auto mod

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by SQ9FVE, Mar 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. SQ9FVE

SQ9FVE Ham Member QRZ Page

Still... No comments on the filtering features ;) guess it's easier to complain than to install and test? :D

2. N0TTL

N0TTL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You initiated the call (*good*), yes walking away is bad, shame on you for disabling the watchdog. But guess what, if someone does reply to you, the QSO is complete and you full-stop.

K4AGO likes this.
  3. SQ9FVE

As I said... 'disable Call 1st'. So no, you don't reply and there's no stop.

4. N0TTL

A great feature add, maybe if you submitted the patch to the dev team they'll add it in the next release. Some of your features are nice, just saying auto-cq and auto-response are not cool and you should leave them out. They *will* be abused.

K4AGO and N2ADV like this.
  5. N0TTL

New only, min db, Prefix filter. All great features worthy of inclusion in a future official release.

K4AGO likes this.
  6. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The criterion in 97.221 is "automatically controlled".

97.3(a)(6) defines "automatic control" as "The use of devices and procedures for control of a station when it is transmitting so that compliance with the FCC Rules is achieved without the control operator being present at a control point."

Thus US amateur radio operators would be in violation of 97.221 if they configure this application to autonomously make QSOs on frequencies outside the "97.221(b) sub-bands" and then leave the control point. Going upstairs to watch TV would be leaving the control point.

Do you concur?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    K4AGO likes this.
  7. SQ9FVE

Presumably same appies to calling CQ with 'call 1st' enabled, while drinking beer in the garden?

K4AGO likes this.
  8. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it does.

Does enabling "call 1st" in WSJT-X result in a continuous stream of unattended QSOs, or must the op interrupt his or her garden beer-drinking to return to the control point and initiate a new CQ after each completed QSO?

9. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't want auto mode. Where's the fun in that? I am personally standing in front of my gear and personally present at every contact I make. I mainly hunt and pounce on CQs. While occasionally calling some CQs. That to me is fun. And I don't contest or paper chase. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  10. SQ9FVE

Sure, it will only perform one QSO, but it will be just as unattended. Then you come back, trigger it again, go away, and make another unattended qso, just as illegal, right? No difference, other than the rate of number of unattendes QSOs per hour.
    I am not advocating automatic qsos, just pointing out flaws in your logic.

K4AGO and WU8Y like this.