WSJT-X Full-Auto mod

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by SQ9FVE, Mar 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N5WRX

N5WRX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Guns, Radios, Baseball, Football, Golf, ANY sport has its cheats and cheaters.
    This is a tool and if used as intended I see no problem with it.
    There are separate award categories for CW, Digital, and voice already in place.
    Attacking the person that put in the work to develop it is what is "unfair".
    How can I compete with a station using power amps and beam antennas on high towers?
    Have you been on the digital frequency's?
    Forget making any low power contacts till the big boys get their fill and move aside.

Things change and the old regime is always there to protest change.
    Remember the "NO CODE HAM"
    And just look at how surface mounted disposable electronics has changed the whole concept of being in ham radio today.
    Who home builds builds radios now?
    I know Extra class hams that cant even solder on a coax connector.
    Hey ... it they are happy and enjoy the hobby I am happy for having them in it.
    The ham radio hobby has changed into nothing more than appliance operators.
    And what is wrong with that?

Any Award is only worth the effort put forth to get it.
    Someone cheating and lying to get an award does NOT cheapen the personal worth of any award I have earned.

So lets all just back off the soap box and worry about the real problems with Ham Radio today.
    Like getting enough hams without grey hair to keep our privileges in the future.

G3EJS likes this.
  2. K5DDE

K5DDE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi guys,
    Over the weekend I written a tiny utility for the windows version of wsjt-x. I am not sure if I can post this here, so if it's in the wrong group, my apologies (where should it be posted?)

In any case, I wanted to share this tool with all the WSJT-X freiends....

This utility will monitor the WSJT-X program and whenever you send back a 73 (or RR73). It will automatically open up the appropriate QRZ.com page in your web browser.
    For me this makes connections that much more fun and easier to sign the WEB tab etc...

If you would like to give it a go, head over to my web page at k5dde.com - and check out the WSJT-X QRZ URL Opener program.

Feedback appreciated

3. SQ9FVE

SQ9FVE Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm actually working on integrating qrz.com xml service with the wsjt-z. Details of the calling station will be shown under the Call Info section below.

[​IMG]

4. SQ9FVE

Updated screenshot with qrz.com integration working. Should be released soon.

[​IMG]

YO3ABT and AE5X like this.
  5. RA4NCC

RA4NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi! In 28.2 very narrow field Band activity. How to expand, very inconveniently.

Attached Files:

• wsjt.jpg
      wsjt.jpg
      File size:
      512.3 KB
      Views:
  6. RA4NCC

In 26 it was like this:

Attached Files:

7. SQ9FVE

I've compiled with QT5.5 (instead of 5.9 - for XP compatibility reasons) which seems to be causing some layout issues.
    You can expand that section by selecting View->Call info.

8. RA4NCC

I did, but it reduced the capacity of field.

9. RA4NCC

Thanks, ver.29 visually more better.

10. N1UL

N1UL QRZ Lifetime Member #303 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I am off the air , too complicated, 73 de N1UL