ad: elecraft

WSJT X FT4 Timing issue Mac OS 14.6.3

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by WB6RSE, Feb 1, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB6RSE

WB6RSE Ham Member QRZ Page

Mac OS 14.6.3 WSJT X 2.2.2 Switch from FT8 to FT4. Click on a CQ. First call is OK IE the very next timing slot. Next Call is delayed until the CQing station's time slot. So you wind up doubling with the station and the Q can't be completed. The "fix" is to trash the app (and not the associated files). Reinstall 2.2.2 and the correct timing occurs. Anyone else experience this? Other fixes/suggestions.

2. KB8ZUN

KB8ZUN QRZ Lifetime Member #350 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I seem to have a similar issue. So I understand, uninstall 2.2.2 and then reinstall it?

3. WB6RSE

Yes that is what worked but the issue soon returned. HOWEVER, my Decode setting was DEEP. I set it to NORMAL and the problem has not shown up. At least for the moment. So check your DECODE setting.

4. KQ8W

KQ8W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does JTDX exhibit similar behavior?

5. WB6RSE

I don't use JTDX, sorry. I'm noticing that in FT4 that if you click to call a station and TX EVEN/1st gets checked, if it unclicks you will be out of sequence again. Clearly a problem to post on the WSJT forum.

6. KQ8W

Why not try it (JTDX)? At the very least it would confirm it's the software. Worst case, you found an alternative.

7. WB6RSE

I've tried JTDX but didn't find the UI to my liking. I've just installed the latest release WSJT-X 2.3.0 and the issue seems to be gone. Problem solved. Fingers crossed.

8. KQ8W

Glad it worked! For reference, I wasn't suggesting migrating full-time to other software; I only meant to try it as a test.