WSJT-X displaying OF10 instead of signal (e.g. -12) when reply.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KZ4AK, Sep 9, 2018.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Woody,

I must have mispoken - the reason you are seeing that is that the OTHER station has NA VHF Contest mode enabled The original link I sent you describes why they are sending that information instead of a normal grid. Your software is working properly - once the contest is over you will likely not see those anymore.

As long as you are not seeing it on bands below 6 meter you are ok.

2. KZ4AK

KZ4AK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just tried unchecking settings: Enable VHF....Features, closing WSJT, and restarting.
    Still producing the error :( error2.jpg

An interesting observation (in spite of the above)... I have two configurations. One for my homebrew 6M station, and a second for my K2 on HF. The only known difference is that for 6M, the Enable VHF...Features is checked - and not checked for the K2. And... The keying method is different.
    ---So far, I have not seen the error when in the K2 config, just the 6M config. ????

3. KZ4AK

KZ4AK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Kudos - KD2NOM - Thanks, hope that is it!!! The thought was lurking that the other station might be in contest mode, but had not remembered the ongoing contest - with many implementing the contest mode.
    Makes sense that it didn't happen on HF too!!! ...Wish there was a way to know if the other station is in the contest mode from his transmission so I could match the mode.
    Woody - KZ4AK