WSJT-X displaying OF10 instead of signal (e.g. -12) when reply.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KZ4AK, Sep 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KZ4AK

KZ4AK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WSJT-X v1.9.1 r8747.... FT-8 has been working fine for a long time. Today it began to display (sometimes) OF10 as in a grid instead of the other stations signal report to me. This really confuses the AutoSeq, and I receive no signal report.
    Tried:
    Restarting WSJT-X, Rebooting the PC and restarting WSJT, uninstalling WSJT then reinstalling (I did copy the previous WSJT-X.ini file back so I didn't have to re-do configurations).
    Still sometimes displays OF10 in place of xx (sig rpt).

Any suggestions about this weirdness?
    Thanks, Woody - KZ4AK

2. KZ4AK

BTW, this happened on a few different stations so it is unlikely a "OF" was sent rather that the sig rpt. Likely on the decode (my) end.

3. KZ4AK

Also seeing it sometimes in the Band Activity pane instead of actual grid square...
    Woody

4. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KZ4AK

So far, anywhere on 50.313 - and it was only open a few hundred miles north from FM07. NA VHF Contest is not checked.... I am also sometimes seeing OF10 -and- OExx (xx=various numbers) in the Band Activity window. Do you know if this odd error can be carried into the reinstalled program via the .ini file? That is the only thing I can think of that is in common with the re-installed pgm.
    TNX, Woody

6. KZ4AK

Well, uninstalled program, deleted the entire WXJT "USER" folder, reinstalled, then entered fresh settings. Will see if this helps.
    Woody

7. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The OF10 complaint sounds familiar,, having been discussed here on the Zed a while ago. But I can't recall what the cause/solution was.

8. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Woody - You have NA VHF Content mode enabled - that is why you are seeing those. Uncheck NA VHF Content mode to go back to normal operation

navhf.PNG

9. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

10. KZ4AK

Thanks for the suggestions, but no solution yet. I even checked, then un-checked NA VHF Contest to no avail. Still seeing the occasional false Grid from a station in the BandActivity pane - not often, but sometimes does. When trying a QSO, and the station sends what should be my signal report (in RxFreq pane), the bogus grid id replaces the signal report.
    Can't say I have seen the error in a CQ (in BandActivity pane) , but seems to sometimes occur there when a station in QSO sends a sig rpt. See image.
    ...Almost always appears in my sig rpt slot when I am trying a QSO.

This is with the clean re-install of v1.9.1 including deleting the system WSJT-X USER folder and re-entering the (new) Settings data..
    Truly weird - Not sure what to try next.
    TNX AGN Woody - KZ4AK

Attached Files: