WSJT-X Configurations not saved

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by KM6ACF, Oct 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KM6ACF

KM6ACF Ham Member QRZ Page

This behavior occurs with both WSJT-X 1.9.1 and 2.0.0-rc3
    • OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
    • Yaesu FT-857D
    http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-1.9.1.html#MENUS

The WSJT-X User Guide, section 10.1.3. Configuration Menu, states:

"Simply Clonethe Defaultentry,Renameit as desired, and then make all desired settings for that configuration. These settings will be restored whenever you select that configuration."​

Unfortunately I am finding that after inputting the desired settings and testing CAT & PTT successfully ("Test CAT" button=green & "Test PTT" button triggers 857's red tx LED), the the new configuration's settings subsequently are not saved. Upon re-open the new configuration retains the original frequency and mode, for example.

1) Am I missing a step that saves configuration changes?

In case they are corrupt, I have deleted the contents of /Library/Application Support/WSJT-X
    These are freshly regenerated on app launch. But this did not resolve the issue.

2) Does anyone know the location the WSJT-X Configuration files? Perhaps that directory should be deleted-refreshed or permissions checked with First Aid.

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't bothered to create multiple configurations so it's quite possible that this procedure not longer works.

WSJT appears to save the default configuration in ~/Library/Preferences/WSJT-X.ini. It would be informative to know if other WSJT- related INI files are also in the Preferences directory.

3. W4HRL

W4HRL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is what I have observed using Mojave (10.14) and WSJT-X 1.9.1, 2.0.0-rc2 and 2.0.0-rc3:

I can follow the procedure in the user's guide and create a new configuration (I do it to change color schemes). All works well. The different configurations all have the color info I saved with them.

As to mode and frequency, I do not believe that they are part of the parameters saved in a configuration file. When opening the WSJT app, mode and frequency will be whatever values they were whenever you last shutdown the app.