WSJT-X and setting Windows 10 clock seconds

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W4LKR, Dec 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KT5WB

KT5WB Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess I don't understand why WSJT-X can't have a manual time offset internally. I don't own the laptop that I'm using in the shack. The "owner" of the laptop has the time setting locked out, and I'm not allowed to install any of the time management apps. As with most laptops the time stability is awful and is often more than a min off every 12hrs powered down.

I really don't want to shell out a several hundred bucks for a new laptop for the simple problem of a slow clock when I have a laptop that works in every other respect. It would be so much easier if I could just tell the WSJT-X to offset by x sec.

But I do realize that I am very likely the only person with this particular problem.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Windows 10 must really suck if it can not keep the clock synced properly. :rolleyes:o_O

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thing is...WSJT-X doesn't have its own clock. Having it tell the OS to change the clock might be doable but still you need a reference. Could it be done just by tweaking the DT? Interesting idea. There is one program out there that lets you do something like that but if your borrowed computer won't let you install things then that's moot.