WSJT-X and Jt65

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by AF6CO, Oct 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AF6CO

AF6CO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been using the WSJT software making FT8 contacts. This morning I was up early and didn't see any activity on 14.074 so I moved on over to 14.076 and saw lots of activity. I changed my settings for JT65 and I couldn't get it to decode anything. My clock is set with "Net time".

Any Ideas?

2. K2WH

K2WH Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I don't know what "NET" time means but you should download Dimension 4 software and install it.

K2WH

3. AF6CO

Net time was one of the time sync apps that was recomended in the help section. I'll try the Dimension 4.
    Thanks.

4. AF6CO

I installed the Dimension 4 software. It didn't change anything.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope I don't sound condescending but are you sure you were seeing JT65 signals? They have become a bit scarce in comparison to FT8. Easy to identify the difference on the waterfall. Its not uncommon to see FT8 activity with the dial set at 14076 on the bottom end of that segment.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Ummm!? Was it possibly JS8Call???

Based on the frequency, I'm guessing that is what it was.

There have been several recent threads here on QRZ about 15 second keyboard-to-keyboard low SNR methods. Not all have been happy threads.o_O

Ken
    W4KJG

7. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

14.070 is psk31. Install fldigi.

8. AF6CO

I posted 14.076 not 14.070. I've been using Fldigi for PSK31. My issue is with JT 65.