WSJT-X 2.2.2 Not Creating an .adi File

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by W6SDM, Aug 2, 2020 at 4:49 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W6SDM

W6SDM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have most everything working on WSJT-X 2.2.2 except that I can't seem to log. When I start the program, I get an error that the header is bad on the .adi file. I went to my user/appdata/local/WSJT-X directory and there isn't a WSJT-X_log.adi file. I made a few contacts, logged them, and still no WSJT-X_log.adi file.

I'm using Windows 10 and a Flex 6300.

Thanks,

Steve, W6SDM

2. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting. I had an issue last night on my YL's setup. When she logged in and loaded WSJT-X, it gave that error. I compared the WSJT-X .adi file from my user login vs. her user login.

Opened both files up in Notepad.

The header information on my file looked like this: WSJT-X ADIF Export<eoh>

The header information on her file looked like this: WSJT-X ADIF Export<eh>

Missing the "o" on her configuration. I closed down WSJT-X, edited the file and added the "o" . Reloaded the program and no error.

Her setup was built just a few days ago. Mine had been updated continuously for several years, so the .adi file was originally created some time ago.

Good luck!

3. W6SDM

Thanks for that information. Now, if I could only find the ADIF file.

4. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It should be wsjt_log.adi in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\WSJT-X

You can always create one with Notepad. The .adi is a simple text file. Just add: WSJT-X ADIF Export<eoh>
    as the first line of the file. Name it wsjt_log.adi

Save it and then reload WSJT-X. Can't hurt to try! :)

5. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

Run WSJT. Go to File
    Open Log directory

6. AA4PB

AA4PB Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a known bug in the latest version of WSJT-x. When it creates an empty log file it creates <eh> where it should have been <eoh>. Find and open the .adi log file with Windows Notepad, add the o between the e and h, save the file. Those who installed the new WSJT-x over and older version don't have this issue because the installation keeps all your old settings and your old log file with the proper <eoh>.

7. W6SDM

N5AF: You definitely got me pointed in the right direction. I found the file in the WSJT-X - Slice-A directory. Since I have a Flex, I guess the program creates a directory for each slice. The log file had the same issue that your wife's file did - it was missing the "o" in <eoh>. I added it and that corrected the "bad adif header" message. It also seems to be adding QSOs to the log.

Now, my next task is to get this working with Log4OM.

Thanks for your help!

Steve

8. W6SDM

AA4PB: Yeah, I found that out the hard way. Thanks.