wsjt-x 2.1.2 and a new user the programs not the problem

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by 2E0OKC, May 4, 2020.

ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A follow-up thought...I don't know the IC7100 but maybe it should be in the USB mode as opposed to DATA. Ill let someone else address that.
    With FT8 you want a full 2.7 or 3 khz window whereas with some of the older rigs the DATA setting only gives 500 khz which would look like yours.
    You should be able to easily see individual signals instead of a blob once everything is set properly.

2. 2E0OKC

2E0OKC Ham Member QRZ Page

morning,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AioChPCIPbTtg-MHKXA_OD_wUCJ3j

turning off the usb-d to just usb i get a much better waterfall. but for some reason, i can not keep the usb-d off to just usb with this program as soon as i transmit it puts it back to usb-d.

i have tried fldigi just to check and it keeps its usb only and not pushing it to usb-d on tx

so looking at this program i can not see why it's doing that

its a cuppa tea time and have a think. thanks for all the help ofc KR andy

KP4SX likes this.
  3. 2E0OKC

2E0OKC Ham Member QRZ Page

hello all

I have some great news, I have found out what the problem was within the setting on the program as I did copy the setting from someone on youtube that had the same radio. I had to change a few so they must have had the same problem that I had,
    I move the dot from data/pkt to usb this has stoped my radio from going from usb to usb-d on transmit .

i have made a few qso now in a short space of time,so it seems to be doing what its meant too, the blob has gone on the screen that was down to running it on usb-d

all i need to do now is stop the red upper half box thing from moving and sitting on my green one at the top of my waterfall.
    so the guy said on his video

KR all andy

KP4SX likes this.
  4. N5SMO

N5SMO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Data Mode is preferred for running digi modes on the radio because it bypasses all audio EQ and pre-emphasis. Especially important if you use the full 3KHZ audio bandwidth for the waterfall. To keep the red transmit bar from moving, check the box for Hold Transmit Frequency and it will stay put. You would benefit greatly from reading the users guide that can be downloaded with the software. NOTE: Even using Data mode on the radio, you can still select which modulation source you want to use; Microphone, USB, or ACCY Jack. Set you receive filter bandwith for 3KHz for whichever mode you use to get the full waterfall and set the Software to the same bandwidth.