ad: hrd-2

Wrong orientation of uploaded photos.

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by SM6EKG, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. SM6EKG

SM6EKG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,
    when I upload photos to my QRZ.com page from my computer library they appear in a vertical orientation instead of the correct landscape view. My profile photo worked well but the following three were presented in a wrong way. I have tried different ways to fix the problem but without success.
    Any hints please!
    Henning

2. AA9G

AA9G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You are not alone. Someone posted a pic in another thread and it came out horizontally for some people, others see it correctly. Some people click and open the pic and then it appears correctly, others do it and its still off 90 deg.

3. SM6EKG

Oh la la, doesn't sounds good, the problem must be when photos are handled by the QRZ.com system, may bee some bug. I have even tried to upload them from my hard drive in the wrong direction but with the same result.
    Thanks for your answer/tip anyway, helpful !

4. SM6EKG

Happy, at least for the moment! Tried to copy it to the desk, rotate it, delete the original and then reload it from my desktop again. After several attempts, it worked! Hope the photos will remain in the correct orientation!
    Have a nice time everybody!
    Henning

5. SM6EKG

Hi again,
    after several experiments I found the following that seems to work, at least for me. But worth a try!
    1. When you upload photos direct to QRZ.com which are to big in size, QRZ resize them to fit it's database. But sometimes it doesn't work, photos are presented in a wrong direction which is hard to manage within the site.
    2. Try to give your photos the right size, maximum 800x800 pix. before uploading them. E.g. with help of a photo program.
    3. After that, open QRZ.com and upload them direct from your computer. Seems to work.

Good luck and keep dxing!
    Henning

6. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Luvit when a plan comes together!

Henning, you sure look like Fred. (That's not good---).

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

7. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

One more...
    You uploaded maximum size of images - 800pix width, but then re-size it in bio by mouse to 200pix. If you would like to customized your images your must at first resize it (and better re-name it for easy navigate - the files name like 2014_06_11_11_05_02.jpg is too long, much better , for example, use pix1.jpg,pix2.jpg etc ) - your page will work much faster to visitors who have slow Internet traffic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.