Wrong grid from LoTW, but right grid in QRZ, can't fix error

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K3RW, Aug 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Got a notification in the logbook awards for the Grid2 award that one confirmed QSO is not eligible. After much looking I can't see where the error is.

Capture2.JPG
    but when I look in the actual record--I see there isn't a grid listed of CQ85 anywhere in there.

It would not be unusual with SOTA-chasing to have records where their (or mine) QTH is different from their actual location grid during the QSO. But for all that I understand on this one, it was just a cross-town QSO for us on this one.

Here's the log record. Not seeing a CQ85 anywhere on his end.

Capture1.JPG

I see its NOT coming from the QRZ logbook. The LoTW one must have an error (on his end perhaps). Here's a screen shot of that QSL record:

Capture3.JPG

Well, since it is a confirmed LoTW record and its imported from LoTW to QRZ, I don't think there's a way for me to delete the import without having it come back each and every time I upload LoTW records--I would think it would just keep coming back.

Doesn't seem there's a way to edit bad grids in LoTW either, from what I understand. I suppose, but don't know, that he could correct the grid and reload it, but then it looks like a duplicate.

FYI. I'll contact the OP but not sure how to fix the LoTW/QRZ part of this, if at all.

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ has determined that your QRZ record entry of the QSO differs from the corresponding record entry in your worked party's QRZ logbook. If the difference is resolved, credit to the award may be possible.

If the award-based data that you entered does not match that which your worked party entered, you must determine which of the entries is correct. If your record is incorrect, resolve it by EDITING your record. Otherwise, contact your worked party by e-mail or private message to resolve the incorrect data

Facts:
    • You cannot view what is in another party's QRZ logbook (double-blind system)
    • Only the logbook's owner can edit its own record
    • Adjustments to LoTW records are in the domain of LoTW, contact LoTW

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019