ad: hrd-2

WRL Globe 65 Transmitter modifications

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N8FVJ, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

As I advised elsewhere, you, N8FVJ should acquire books found at hamfests and start reading them. I failed to mention tube manuals. Often at hamfests, you will find for sale, old RCA tube manuals. In some of them, the first 30 pages or so are an excellent introduction to vacuum tubes and how they work. If you absorb that information, you will probably know more about tubes then 95% of all hams.

Then there are extensive data entries for many tubes by type number. RCA also published a harder to find RF power tube manual (Transmitting tubes). If you see one of those grab it, but the smaller octal tubes like the 6146 are found in the more general manuals. Get several for different years because the older ones have tubes not found in the later ones. GE also published tube manuals that have information not found in the RCAs. Don't overlook a ring bound GE manual if you find one.

K4KYV likes this.
  2. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I see something more serious and this involves ethics.

You and K1OIK come on the ZED pretending to ask questions on upgrading a personal rig and then after hacking it up, place it for sale, at exhorbitant prices, on QTH and other venues.

I.e, you pretend you are upgrading a personal rig for your own use and asking for assistance, and then we find that as soon as you guys have been helped that rig goes on sale.

Can you or K1OIK show that this is ethical?

Pheel

3. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You have a l0t twisted around. I asked questions about Globe W8JI mods. I never professed to be an expert on the VF-1. I stated the 6DC6 by Philips appear to be very good tubes! I did not know unlike an audio tube one must have a signal in a tube at RF. Whatever! Try the Duncan PSU2 power supply simulator. So what if I did not post the findings and why do I need to post it.

4. N8FVJ

I am not ethical? I am selling for exactly what I have invested in the radio. I am not allowed to sell it for $199 when one did not work sold for $19 less than my working transmitter in same cosmetic condition? The Globe does not make enough power for my amplifier and it does not modulate 100% as W8JI article stated it would after his mods. Hacking it up? The mods were posted by W8JI and your advice which I followed. You gave bad advice? Frankly, although you have great technical skills, you are now personally attacking me and you seem to have some mental issues stating I am unethical. I thought the Globe posts would be fun for others to read.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  5. N8FVJ

In fact I do not believe I will post any longer at QRZ. Too many 'sick' people here.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Closed to further comment

Dave
    W7UUU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.