Wow! 30m is open

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KI4ODO, Apr 24, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just worked Moz in Australia from NC on 30m, at 5:30pm local time. That is a first for me, on that low of a band, that early in the day.

WJ4U likes this.
  2. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Where you been? I got VK on 80m at 7am earlier this year.

K0UO and KI4ODO like this.
  3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KI4ODO

KI4ODO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, this time of day I'm normally at work, so I don't get to check out the day time conditions. I'm on a string of track out days, so I get to hear it more right now.

5. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

been on there the last couple mornings. I think its going to be the goto band that I finish DXCC CW on.
    Worked Japan, Australia the other morning and this morning around 06:30 local time there was Hong Kong & Indoneshia
    pounding in. Need to make an antenna for 30M I'm using my 80M inverted vee with the 9100, glad theres an autotuner
    Seems there are signals from all around, Europe, NA, SA, Far East as well.
    40M was wild this morning too.

6. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

30m is almost always open here in NNJ, just worked a VR2, Hong Kong.

WJ4U and NY4Q like this.
  7. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE="...just worked a VR2, Hong Kong.[/QUOTE]

I worked him (VR2XAN) at 12:41 UTC (0741 local). That was a pleasant surprise as I don't hear many stations from Hong Kong. His signal wasn't overwhelming, but it was steady.

8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've worked him on 30m several times over the last several years, usually around 2059-2308z. - Tonight I was listening @ 0721z & heard him working a stateside station. When he finished, I called/worked him for about 3 or 4 minutes on 30m @ 0721z !! - He was 579 for about 5 minutes, we had a short chat, es then he was gone !

30m never ceases to amaze me !! He gave me a 529 report with my Icom-735 / 100w & 80m OCF dipole up about 20 ft. - Amazing ! 0221 local time (CDST) working Australia with 100w es a wire up 20ft !!.

Ya just never know !! - VOACAP gave a 59% chance of communicating with Australia @ 0700z.

Gotta Love it !!

dit dit

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    K6CLS likes this.
  9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

The stations I am hearing on 30 meters and those who are hearing me for the past 12 hours on WSPR.
    Screenshot_2020-05-16 Map WSPRnet.png