WOUXUN KG-UVD1P

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K7XRT, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K2SJP

K2SJP Ham Member QRZ Page

much cheaper from chineese site

You can get this model for $89 on the chineese web site direct

2. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah.. made any sat contacts yet, Glenn... I haven't made any the last couple weeks, although gota couple QSL cards today :)

3. KD8OEK

KD8OEK Ham Member QRZ Page

John;
    I have only made one and that was a gent in Newark Ohio KD8KSN !!! I think I have been hampered some by having to work the sats inside our condo...I have been trying to set up a full duplex setup using the Arrow yagi and the Wouxun to receive and either an Icom V-80 HT or my Alinco 130T set to 5 watts...still playing with that....hope to find U on there soon......I will be trying AO-51 at 17:39 est.....the action is usually so fast it is hard for me to remember call sighns or get a word in edge-wise..:p...so I usually record the runs and go back and listen to pick out call sighns to try !!! What ever works huh !!!
    73's
    glenn KD8OEK

4. KD8DVR

I worked KD8KSN too :) I use the recorder too... then sort it out later. I'll probably be trying AO51 also... I'll have to listen and see if I hear you :) The key is just jump in there and go for it! You have one contact under your belt, so you know you can do it! After that, it gets easier. I have so many contacts I had to get QSL cards printed! I'm starting to wallpaper my shack :)

All from the old reliable Wouxun with the NA-771 antenna. :)

73 John

5. KD8DVR

I ordered my replacement for the one I have whose display went blank from them. Ed in the USA IS/was in Hong Kong, so he wasn't shipping or taking orders... so I ordered from China... I think I ordered last Saturday, and via tracking, it is in the USA waiting for further action. A friend also ordered from them and got his under two weeks.

6. KD8KSN

KD8KSN Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KD8OEK

John;
    I finally got the full duplex working with the Wouxum for receive and the Alinco 130 set at 5 watts for transmitting and I could hear my call coming from the sat. but then I would get stepped on big time....I tried to call U (KD8DVR) and also KB1RVT in Vermont and got stepped on again...not sure if these folks are using more power or what......I'll just keep trying.......where U on that pass ?
    73's
    glenn KD8OEK

8. KD8OEK

Hummmmm there not listed as of yet on there website.....maybe soon....I am curious if the new mobile they have coming out is Full Duplex or not and the price range......
    73's
    glenn KD8OEK

9. KD8KSN

KD8KSN Ham Member QRZ Page

There is an element of low power versus low power, but it is mainly a matter of MANNERS. Here is a tip - when working the birds do not be afraid to use a louder voice....I usually talk as if I were talking to someone across the room. When you use a lower tone of voice, stations will just barely hear you hence the getting stepped on all the time. Make sure you speak loud(er)!!!! I think you will notice a change in results. Don't be afraid to jump in - talk with confidence! Other stations will notice you and will *generally* give you more space to operate.

Anyhow, this is not the correct forum to discuss the birds. Come on over to the sat section if you want to discuss this more.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  10. KD8OEK

Good tip....thanks again Zack
    glenn KD8OEK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.