WOUXUN KG-UVD1P

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K7XRT, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

ok... I'll be on after 2:30 since I'll be trying Ao27 with my trusty Wouxun :)

2. KD8OEK

KD8OEK Ham Member QRZ Page

After talking to U today(kd8dvr)I went ahead and hooked my J-Pole to my HT and the cable must be faulty.....just got it a few months ago and had never tried it before.........oh well....back to the 17" whip.
    73's
    glenn kd8oek

3. KB3VBF

KB3VBF Ham Member QRZ Page

Faceplate

The UV2D that Ed now ships has a slightly different case; the front plastic faceplate is now a smooth bronze-tinted gunmetal finish. To be honest, I'm kind of partial to the basic pebbly black plastic look, but it's still a ridiculous bargain.

4. KD8DVR

Get an SWR meter and check it out.... make sure all your connections are good. you may be okay... just perhaps missed something in the installation process.

5. KD8OEK

I was running it through my Diamond SX-600 and it was registering nothing....I will check the cable today with a volt/ohm meter to see if there
    is a short..........I'm not to electronically inclined though !!!!

6. KD8DVR

The smoother finish won't hide scratches as well.. but you are right.. still a great deal :)

7. KD8OEK

Checked the cable and it is showing a dead short on both - and +....oh well....back to the well to dig out some more $ :eek:
    73's
    glenn kd8oek

8. KD8DVR

sorry to hear that :( BTW got 3 contacts via satellite today :) One already confirmed via eQSL :)

Glad yuo checked your cable.. don't butn out your wouxun :)

9. KD8OEK

Congrats on the contacts......I am still waiting for my first :eek: I did get some good reception from AO-27's 1500 pass as it was at just about it's max elevation (89 degrees) which surprised me......I will try with my Alinco DR570-T friday using the J-Pole.....FUN-FUN-FUN !!!!
    glenn kd8oek

10. KD8DVR

Great fun!!! I'm control op on 147.24 tomorrow so will be around. Also looking for sat contscts.

The KG-uvd1p has lots of happy sat hounds now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.