WOUXUN KG-UVD1P

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K7XRT, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K7DB

K7DB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hahaha

No equipment is certified for Part 97... Ham radio transmitters and receivers are certified under Part 15B before they are marketed.

2. KE5YXD

KE5YXD Ham Member QRZ Page

In case anyone was wondering, they are NOT legal for GMRS frequencies. But, these radios are Part 90 certified for the VHF and UHF bands.

3. K0ZZZ

K0ZZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Certificated? Are they just verbing random nouns now?

4. W1MSG

W1MSG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just ordered one, they have a new version with a P on the end that will scan tones as well. I ordered the radio and a programming cable for $119.50 shipped ...

Anyway, looks like it will be a pretty decent little radio, I also have my eye on the Yaesu VX8DR as well.

5. NI7I

NI7I Guest

YUP

yup they have been doing it for quite some time

6. N6SMU

N6SMU Ham Member QRZ Page

chinese imports

I have one of these radios and for the price it is great. For the price it is a throw-away radio. What would you pay to have any hand held repaired? It is cheaper to replace it. So buy this little radio and enjoy it and what it can do without laying out 289 dollars. If it dies then you have not invested a lot of cash to get on the air.

7. VK2JI

VK2JI Ham Member QRZ Page

Configuration file for KG-UVD1P for Greater Sydney NSW Australia, repeater channels

For those who want to save themselves some work, I have attached a "tw" configuration file (in a zip package) to this post.
    This includes all of the 2M & 70cm repeater channels around the Greater Sydney Area of NSW Australia (up to Newcastle and down to Wollongong)as of June 1st. 2010.
    All frequencies, offsets, correct CTCSS tones and repeater callsigns are included in the file. The audio is set to narrow and power to high. To load this into the HT you will need the USB programming cable and programming software.

Enjoy!

73 Ed VK2ARE.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  8. VK2JI

VK2JI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry I found a couple of errors in the file - I had set the power to "low" on my local repeater and I have also found an additional repeater to be added.

9. W1MSG

W1MSG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just an FYI, I have received great reports on my audio working the FM Satellites with the Wouxun HT using an Arrow Antenna. Really does a Great job !

10. KC2KOA

KC2KOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I dunno about certificated, but I've been told many times that I'm certifiable. That's gotta count for something, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.