WOUXUN KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF Handheld

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KB1JFQ, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N1RLO

N1RLO Ham Member QRZ Page

This would be a great portable radio for CAP Civil Air Patrol use. It is FCC type accepted for part 90 and meets the NTIA specs for Auxiliary use. This radio would be very affordable for the CAP cadets on a limited budjet to purchase. The radio will support the CAP frequency suite and it also has a
    built in flashlight for safety. For a mere 105.00 a CAP Cadet could be on the air.
    CAP asside this portable commercial radio would be great for MARS and the USCG AUXILIARY also. Wouxun is full narrowband compliance.
    Unfortunately politics being the driving force in CAP this radio will never be approved for official CAP use. Unofficial use is a story for another day...

2. KP4V

KP4V Guest

KG-UVD1P WOUXUN HT

WHO CAN TELL ME HOW TO PROGRAM VIA SOFTWARE A FREQUENCY THAT INCLUDES A STEP DIFFERENT THAN 5,10, ETC. I WANT TO PROGRAM 155.6925 AND THE PROGRAM DOES NOT ACCEPT IT.

73'S

JOSE

3. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Suggest going to the Wouxun user group on Yahoo. I tried and it would not take it either..

4. PC1H

PC1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I dont want to be negative, but,

Its not all sunshine.
    To change the squelch U have to go in a hidden menu feature and change the settings, save that etc. :eek:
    The same applies to changing from memory to vfo.
    Everything U want to change, except volume and channel, is done by entering this menu, searching for the item and so on.
    its very impractical in use. Yes it is cheap (i bought one too) but U get what U paid for.

Greetings and don't forget your towel.
    PC1H

5. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

The radio needs a 2.5 step.... that is an issue extensively discussed in the Yahoo group

6. KD8DVR

Actually squelch is easy. Menu-2 there you are... nothing hidden at all. It is not designed as an amateur radio, so there is a learning curve. The manual explains most of it.

VERY good radio. I now use them exclusively.

7. VK2FP

VK2FP Ham Member QRZ Page

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Frequency & Channel Display

Hi all,
    one of the sheets stated that the wouxun KG-UVD-1P Radio's doesn't display frequency on the channel settings.
    Simple Fix- Label the Frequency as an actual Frequency, ie, in ch 1 I have the local repeater, 146.800. So I have put that as the label, but without the decimal point, as the label is limited to 6 digits, so I label it as 146800. Easy Now.
    Re Programming by Computer, I have made several files. When I do a wicen event, such as the Hawksbury canoe classic, I write to the radio all the frequencies for that event, that reduces channelling to about 10, so, no confusion if I slip & don't have to flip thru 128 channells.
    If I holiday Up the north coast, I have a north coast file, in travel order.Etc

Just love that computer program function, it is awesome
    73's
    Barry VK2FP

8. KB0TT

KB0TT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WHY ????

Why is it that there are so many AMATEURS who wish to work out of band ??? :confused: :confused:

I purchased MINE to work within the allocated frequencies .

GEE !!! I guess all of the new amateurs just cannot figure out where

they are supposed to be . I have one . It will do ' out of band ' .

Sorry that many could just could not wait for a radio which could be everything .

This is NOT a good scenairo . AE1PT will drop me forever . It is the truth .

Throw me out PAT .

Many new / older amateurs have been waiting for a good rig which requires no modifications . It is a GOOD RIG .

If people use it in the wrong way , that is their problem . Shame on them !

JB :( :( :(

NNNN

9. KD8DVR

I got mine, then took the "unlock" software to "lock" it into the amateur frequencies.

The main draw is the cost. It's inexpensive, and reliable as well. I don't think there are any intentioins to operate out of band. Every ham, whether new or not, is expected to operate withinn the legal bands. If they cannot operate legally, they should have no license.

10. AB9LZ

AB9LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe the guy just wanted to listen.

73 m/4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.