WOUXUN KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF Handheld

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KB1JFQ, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You need to contact the owner of the local EchoLink node you want to use. The commands are customizable, and many people change them from the defaults. You need to know how to connect to remote nodes, and even more important, how to end the link when you're done.

2. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Doesn't matter... Echolink access is not radio-specific. Any and all radios access Echolink the same way., You need to find a node in your area and see what the requirements of access to the node is required....

3. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is the USB interface working? In the Windows Device Manager, does it show as being there, and operational? On my XT machine, Windows got an error every time. I ended up deleting and reinstalling the Prolific driver, and that eventually got around the issue.

If the USB interface is OK, is the radio turned on when you try to talk to it? Did you match the port number in the configuration for the software with the port number for the interface?

4. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you install the correct driver? You must download and install the right driver for your OS. Also, most questions or problems you might have can be answered by going to the Wouxun usere group on Yahoo. Make sure you download the latest version of the software to take advantage of the cut & paste option not included on the earlier versions, all Wouxun's I have seen are shipped with the earlier version.

5. KJ6HYC

KJ6HYC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a "newbe" to ham radio. I wanted a low cost radio to see if Ham Radio was my cup of Tea. My first radio is the Chinese Wouxun KG-UVD1P dual bander. I have had no other experance with other Ham radios. That being said, I have found the Wouxun isn't difficult to program manually and very easy with their program. I have owned mine for 5 months and couldn't be happier. I researched the HTs on the web and found Wouxun was getting very good reviews in the UK. I looked at some other HTs by other manufactures, and some of those were made in China and cost was more than double. So why not for $104.00 delivered to my door? Bang for the Buck, can't beat it, and accessories are cheap ($15.00 for a 1400 Mah lithium Ion battery). if I needed a second HT, I would do it again in a heart beat.

6. KJ6HYC

KJ6HYC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a "newbe" to ham radio. I wanted a low cost radio to see if Ham Radio was my cup of Tea. My first radio is the Chinese Wouxun KG-UVD1P dual bander. I have had no other experance with other Ham radios. That being said, I have found the Wouxun isn't difficult to program manually and very easy with their program. I have owned mine for 5 months and couldn't be happier. I researched the HTs on the web and found Wouxun was getting very good reviews in the UK. I looked at some other HTs by other manufactures, and some of those were made in China and cost was more than double. So why not for $104.00 delivered to my door? Bang for the Buck, can't beat it, and accessories are cheap ($15.00 for a 1400 Mah lithium Ion battery). if I needed a second HT, I would do it again in a heart beat.

7. ZL3GSL

ZL3GSL Ham Member QRZ Page

Echolink

KI4W BA:

Unfortunately the DTMF function of the set is not very useful for Echolink ir IRLP. It's just one of three "selective calling" modes which can be set up in the PC configuration programme.

There's no way to generate DTMF from the keypad.

In the computer programming mode you can save up to 10 numbers, and a frequency or frequencies in which you can chose one of the numbers after presssing the red "Call" button. There's a small "DTMF" icon on the screen when a selected frequency is linked with the stored table.

I have been able to connect to a node, but not to get disconnection from a stored "73" code (which is the disconnect code on our nodes).

8. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

The UVD1P has dtmf from the keypad. Mine works just fine. Tone sounds as long as you press the key.

9. N1RLO

N1RLO Ham Member QRZ Page

KG-UVD1P Wouxun Dual Band Transceiver

I own a couple of them and they have been in service for six months now. They work perfectly, have long battery life and are very sensitive receivers. This is a commercial radio and is not as user friendly for Ham radio as say a FT-60 but it is not designed for that. You can download a new software from the Wouxun China site. The accessories are very cheap. You get all you pay for and more. I bought mine from radioshop888 and they load a few extras in their package. You can program individual DCS and PL in any order per channel. The flashlight feature is a real nice safety feature and should be a standard on Motorola public safety radios. You won't be disappointed in purchasing a Wouxun. Its FCC type accepted and I think works better than any of my Motorola and EFJ portables. The receive audio is great. I get good transmit audio reports on the air.
    A minor drawback is in the scan mode if you have a channel that has multi PL users such as a business frequency the radio will lock up the scan mode when it hears a foreign Pl coming through. The radio stays inaudible but it freezes the scanner. Minor problem and only evident if you are scanning busy business frequencies. The FM Broadcast Band feature is great. This is probably the best all around portable radio I have
    ever purchased. Price, performance and features it can't be beat. As these radios continue in popularity the
    price will double or triple. At this time there is no need to repair this radio just throw it away and buy a new
    one. This is cheaper than repairing it and you get a new battery and all accessories. I am looking forward to
    Wouxun coming out with a mobile radio. I will buy one in a minute.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  10. N1RLO

N1RLO Ham Member QRZ Page

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Dual Band Radios

I am hearing more of these Wouxun radios on the air everyday. I can't help
    but notice Hams walking around with them at functions. This is a great Ham
    radio for ARES people as the battery life is very extended. The antenna is very efficient and its works good. Icom, Yaesu and Kenwood have to be feeling the loss in sales. Hopefully they will get the message and offer more affordable priced equipment. Every Wouxun out there is one less of the big three selling a portable radio.
    Wouxun makes one great radio at a very affordable price.....:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.