WOUXUN KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF Handheld

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KB1JFQ, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Super easy to program and make changes to frequencies, tones, scanning or functions. Easy to swap frequencies between different channel numbers using cut and paste. Battery pack holds a charge great but for a few dollars the AA battery pack filled with 2850MAH batteries goes for ever and the standard battery pack works as a backup. Super easy to use, great strong receive audio and great reports on transmitted audio. Worked AO51 on my first try. I simply can not find a flaw. I ordered mine from a Hong Kong dealer, $105 shipped to my door in 8 days from the time I ordered after a friend (K8EMR) told me I had to get one. I was a huge skeptic but not anymore. Much better than the Icom I had in every respect.

2. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

I sold my other HTs...(Icoms) I do have a AA pack... Never heard of a 2850 Mah Nimh.. but of course will look. Mine does okay on 2500s but I use the LiIon packs 99.9% of the time.

got a 1400 mile contact yesterday on AO51 I forget how many sat contacts I have had since I got my radios..... Starting to get bored..... It's that easy :)

3. WA8UEG

Try Sams Club, I believe that's where I got them along with the charger.

4. KI6USW

KI6USW Ham Member QRZ Page

You could do a whole lot worse.
    Welcome to Ham radio...lol!
    :eek:

5. KD8DVR

Sam's sells Wouxuns?!?!?!?!

6. WA8UEG

No, 2850NMH batteries for the pack.

7. KI4WBA

KI4WBA Ham Member QRZ Page

Wouxun KG-UVD1P

Does anyone know what buttons to push to connect to EchoLink nodes??
    Jim
    KI4WBA

8. KD8DVR

It varies according to systems... many you just dial in the Node number, others you need a prefix before the node. Standard DTMF

9. KI4WBA

Wouxun KG-UVD1P

Another question: the USB interface would not recognize the radio hardware for me on either Vista or XP computers. the software seems to work fine but could not transfer to the radio.
    I had to program manually. Any ideas?? Otherwise the radio works fine.
    Jim
    KI4WBA

10. KI4WBA

EchoLink with Wouxun

I'm sure you're right, but I need specific info for Wouxun. No mention of Nodes in the instruction manual.
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.