WOUXUN KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF Handheld

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KB1JFQ, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I'm one of those skeptics who has become convinced. These rigs seem to be well worth the money.

The book for my unit says that it is only enabled for the U.S. ham bands. I have not tried to transmit out of band with it, but I don't think it will let me.

2. K4AX

K4AX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I picked up another this week, a 2m/220 version. Works as well as the one I bought a year ago, and has better tx audio on the air. A local is selling them now, and I bought one for 129 something, had to pay tax, but i got a programming cable.

I've always wanted to get on 220, never thought I'd be able to do it for so cheap, it just so happens there is a 220 repeater about a mile away, that links up to one or others site in the western part of the state.

I don't feel guilty for buying a Chinese HT. As soon as a American company pops up that wants to sell HT's made in the USA to hams, I'll get one. Even my moto is not made in the US.

3. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah... :) I got a 2m/220 model too :) I just had to have two :) No 220 activity in my area... BUT with the avalability of an inxepensive 220 rig, after word gets out.. this could change.

4. K4AX

You may be right, the number of 220 rigs in the area has gone up considerably in the area in the last week alone due to this rig. We wiped out the sellers stock on the 220 model.

Rumor has it that they have a dual band 60w mobile rig on the way.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  5. KD8DVR

This is correct onn the mobile no word yet ... but getting designs and fcc approval take some time....

If people get the 220 version.. this could very well spark a revival of 220... the main reason for its demise was simply the lack of equipment. A dual band 2m/220 rig is perfect.... No matter where you are... you can still use the radio.

6. K4AX

I hope that if they do come out with a mobile, and there is a 220 version, that it will be available at launch. When I got the first KG-uv1dp they had a 220mhz version listed, but no one had it for sale. It hasn't been till the last few months that it started popping up on ebay, then 409shop, then the stateside sellers.

They do list a KG-816 single band HT, in the 220 range as well. I've not been able to find it.

7. KD8DVR

may have to ask or dig deeper.. May not have the demand to aggressively market it. I'd hope they come out with a 220 mobile.. but i assume the 2m/440 would be first before they get to much into the mobiles.

8. K4AX

Since you have contact with them, beg if you have to... ;)

9. KD8DVR

I have vontact with a seller who has contact with Wouxun.... They ARE in development.... Of course, if they take a lot of time, begging it not beneath me :)

10. KD4JJQ

KD4JJQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wouxon dual band HT

Hi , I would like to say that this ht has in every way outperformed my other other ham gear , Icom & Yaesu to be specific. Many hams comment that they are good for what they are. Well I say they are Far Better in Sensitivity & speaker audio out. Finally someone makes a radio that I can wear on my belt & actually hear! I will be first to admit , they may not be repairable nor may not be as rugged, only time will tell , but so far so good. I have had the displeasure of having big name equipment that needed repair & they always want $150 +. I can by a Wouxon cheaper. Btw, the Wouxon & it's supplied rubber duck gets into distant repeaters equally as well as my Motorola 5 watt HT with a 7" vhf duck .

73's
    Kd4jjq

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.