wouxun KG-UV8D [PLUS]

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by SV1SGA, Sep 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. SV1SGA

SV1SGA Ham Member QRZ Page

hello. does anyone know how to LIMIT THE FREQUENCY in WOUXUN KG-UV8D PLUS? do you know if there is a programme to do this, cause i tried to do it with the original progamme which i've downloaded from the site of wouxoun and it's impossible. thanks!!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  2. K5URU

K5URU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The program you are looking for is called KG-UV8D Frequency Limit. Here is a Miklor page that has a download link and instructions near the bottom of the page. The download link is labeled "KG-UV8D Freq Limit B2.XPV140118 setup.exe" and the instructions are labeled "Running the program". Hopefully, this will work with the PLUS version of the KG-UV8D.

http://www.miklor.com/UV8D/UV8D-Software.php

Good luck and enjoy the radio!

-Blake K5URU

3. SV1SGA

SV1SGA Ham Member QRZ Page

thank you for the quick response. i have tried this but it does not work.
    does anyone know in general if the plus model accepts limit frequency?

4. ZONK666

ZONK666 QRZ Member

The same here....
    Searching for a software to mod the frequency range in Wouxun KG-UV8D PLUS to limit the frequency in due to the local rules.
    best regards, 73 de

5. ZONK666

ZONK666 QRZ Member

Frequency mod done, CHIRP did the job.

6. N1ART

N1ART Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes Chirp works no problem,you can use CHIRP to expand it to do 220-225 transmit and receive also, do not use on high power only low.

7. KB2YLZ

KB2YLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I cant seem to find an option to limit or extend frequency range on the current JUNE 2018 CHIRP for the UV8D PLUS. Can you advise where the option is or advise what date CHIRP release has the option.

Thank You