Wouxun KG-UV3D & KG-UV2D Differences?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K3KN, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. HELLGONET

HELLGONET QRZ Member

Thanks, yes it's the 48 pin version. ive heard the "read only" words before but nothing concrete, now we know at least. it doesn't mean we can't make a chip and overide the default firmware, but then again for a $100 radio it's not really worth the effort.

2. W4ETT

W4ETT Ham Member QRZ Page

I know I'm late with this reply but my fav supplier has the 1700 MAH Battery for 16.50 shipped...I got mine in 6 business days. http://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=103361

3. KC3Z

KC3Z Guest

It's NEVER too late to offer up and endorse a supplier. Thank you sir. Dean

4. K6LCS

K6LCS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

>> ... KG-UV3D: Lighter Duty Model with lighter Plastic case with exact same chassis as other models ...

"Lighter duty model?" That is misleading and incorrect information.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS

5. WN5Q

WN5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Light duty???

I have all three models. With antenna and 1700mah battery the units weigh:

UVD1P--264g or 9.25 oz
    UV2D--260g or 9.25 oz
    UV3D--270g or 9.5 oz

Weighed on my wife's kitchen scales which are supposedly accurate to 1/8 oz.

6. KC4ZPL

KC4ZPL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm wondering what the difference is between the KG-UV2D & KG-UV3D? I just bought the KG-UV2D at the Berryville,Va. hamfest last weekend. Now I see there is the KG-UV3D for sale....hope both units are spec'd about the same. I really am enjoying the KG-UV2D very much

7. WB0LSR

WB0LSR Ham Member QRZ Page

To the best of my knowledge they are identical in terms of hardware with a few minute differences in the firmware for each.

8. KC4ZPL

KC4ZPL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok WB0SLR....thank's for your reply. I sort of figured that maybe the difference between the KG-UV2D and the KG-UV3D would be some type of firmware issue. A friend of mine has a KG-UV3D and is going to meet me at a local hamfest this weekend. We're going to at least compare the visual differences with my KG-UV2D and his KG-UV3D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.