would you shipp overseas?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KK4YPQ, May 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KK4YPQ

KK4YPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

fellow ham in ITALY wants to purchase my rig for sale. would any of you sellers do this deal. I am in NC. Dana thanks for your advice 73.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Overseas, yes. Italy in particular, no. If this is on ebay and you can use the Global Shipping Program then certainly do so.
    No offense to Italians but their Customs people often seem to hold them hostage demanding excessive duties. Not your fault but it results in a soured deal. GSP doesn't seem to have that problem.

3. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

If you do not want to ship overseas and buyer is willing to assume risks of shipping that can work to. I did it that way back when I had a small business.

4. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You need to make it very cleat that the radio is AS-IS, and that you have zero responsibility for his customs fees. Also, take photos as you box it,on the scale as you send it, and of the receipt. State buyer accepts al responsibility for shipping damages, and NO RETURNS. Of course, get money first.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Italy and Malta were AWFUL to ship to in my very long eBay selling experience.

Anymore, just the customs forms hassles have ruled out overseas shipping for me.

Just my 2 cents - I sold a great many radio bits around the world starting in 1999 but not any more

Dave
    W7UUU

W3ESE, AJ4GQ and K7MH like this.
  6. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Make sure everybody understands in front, who is paying for the shipping. Cost of international shipping can be astounding.

K7MH likes this.
  7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have in the past but don't anymore. Too much extra hassle. Maybe very small stuff but that would be about it.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  8. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent advice, and it settles the issue: no overseas shipping.;)

9. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No

10. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Where is Italy?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo