ad: Sussex-1

Would you be willing to share 10m with CB?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4INU, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KI8JK

KI8JK Ham Member QRZ Page

I think 99.9% of these radios being sold are meant to be modified to 11m. Every where you look you can purchase these along with mod info[ Copper electronics for example] so the sellers know why they're being bought. If they want to sell the radio's, take the band switches out of them to make them less accessible.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Well this article has generated more than its share of comments, opinions, and posts. It is comparatively recent. Let's give the FCC a chance so that we will have a better idea of what they intend to do/will do. I cannot help but believe that they are not only aware of this 10m piracy problem, but are also very well aware of the reaction to it on QRZ.COM by the ham population. So let's see what actually happens in the months ahead.

3. N4INU

N4INU QRZ Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all your input guys and gals!! I am both touched and flattered by your responses. --73 de N4INU--

4. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

...and nearly 3 years later, no change !!

5. KA5ULO

KA5ULO Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC is now focusing on illegal 10m operaton, although very lightly. They are writing warning letters to the trucking companies stating that they risk the imposition of fines. Some CB shops have also been raided, but usually these are the most flagrant violators.

6. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

The topic question, "Would you be willing to share 10M with the CB?"
    Haven't we been doing that for some years now ?? [​IMG]

[​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]                                                        [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.