ad: Halibut-1

Worlds Largest Teapot

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N3UPY, Jul 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N3UPY

N3UPY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for helping us out with the World’s Largest Teapot Special event this year. This is our fifth year, but wanted to make it huge this year. We have updated the QRZ listings for the teapot stations accordingly. Here is some brief information for the operation of the event. Please operate as much or little as you would like. We also have information on our club site as far as certificated, etc. http://www.wv8hat.org/TPD.

Our certificates are available by mailing the log ( found on our website) to Worlds Largest Teapot SE 813 Washington St. Suite 207 Newell WV 26050. All contacts eligible for the certificate. If contact is made to all 10 Teapot stations then the certificate will reflect a full cup ( clean sweep). If all stations plus the bonus are contacted then you will be eligible for the Full Pot. Just a little fun we are trying to have here. When submitting for the certificate, we do ask for a $3.00 donation to help offset the cost.

Operations begin on August 1st at 0000 UTC, and run until 2359 UTC August 8th. All modes/ bands are in play. If you know of anyone else who would like to help out please have them email me at w8lpn@arrl.net .

We will be using the discord app to communicate during operations especially for those using multiple callsigns. I will be sending that link out in a few days, just remember it will expire after I think 7 days. Our local club will be operating as W8T and WV8HAt for the bonus, but may have other operators around the country run the bonus as well.

WW2PT likes this.
  2. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

I imagine a giant teapot would make an excellent ground plane. :cool: