ad: Alphaant-1

World Radio put Council Bluffs on the cutting edge of technology

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, Jan 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W2STF

W2STF Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W2STF

W2STF Ham Member QRZ Page

Loved my Globe Scout. Finally got the GLOBE VFO after I became WA2GQO.

3. W0LEN

W0LEN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great article, John. Like you, I made the trip to WRL in 1969 with 3 buddies who had also just been licensed. At that time I was living in Moorhead, Minnesota and had call sign WAØZOM. I bought my first rig ... a Galaxy GT-550 complete with all the goodies. I ran that rig for several years, both fixed and mobile. I upgraded to Extra, and my current call is WØLEN (my initials). In the late '70s I relocated to the Chicago area, where I currently reside. The memories of WRL, Galaxy Electronics and Leo and his crew are still with me.

Lyn, WØLEN
    St. Charles, IL

KD0QG and W0PV like this.
  4. KD0QG

KD0QG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a Galaxy V in my Truck for several years and ran 40 meters with a whip And coil on the mirror of the truck. Good Radio.... Finally after 40 years I am not the only ham in the family so I recently handed down the ole Galaxy to him..73 KD0QG..

5. K4ULP

K4ULP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

6. K4ULP

K4ULP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the great privilege of meeting Leo Meyerson. Actually he attended an organ concert that I was playing in Omaha. When I would play concerts and there would be "blue/grey haired" audiences (HA!) I would send out a CQ de K4ULP from the organ and then go right back into whatever selection I was playing. I tell of this story and the picture of Leo and I at that concert on my QRZ bio. What a wonder fun man Mr. Meyerson was. 73s to all ... Lanny / K4ULP

W0PV likes this.
  7. W0UQJ

W0UQJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I meet Leo as a young boy. My Grandfather Bob Brenneman w0uqj sk introduced me. Thank you for the great read.

Kelly w0uqj

8. K3STG

K3STG Ham Member QRZ Page

KF6YXK likes this.
  9. KF6YXK

KF6YXK Ham Member QRZ Page

Great story!

10. KE0SSM

KE0SSM QRZ Lifetime Member #490 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Before I was A ham I bought my first Stereo system from World Radio...I still have all the pieces to this day